Buck stacked the deck against Matusz today

SteveA

Yeah, it's another lame excuse among many other lame excuses. Matusz is the one that has to execute his pitches. He pitched well enough to earn another start imo. Aside from Betemit's error (which didn't cost anything) the defense played well behind him.

I am not using it as an excuse..just saying I would have rather had BMat more comfortable with his catcher.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not using it as an excuse..just saying I would have rather had BMat more comfortable with his catcher.

Maybe he'd have been more comfortable eating a popsicle. He look pretty drenched out there. If it's not an excuse, then there's no need to mention it. It was what it was. Lets just argue about that.

It's ridiculous to want the gg catcher catching arguably the most important player on the team in an early but important start?

This is hilarious. The guy who lost 11 straight is the most important on the team. Who is second most important? Gregg? You are a laugh riot.

This is hilarious. The guy who lost 11 straight is the most important on the team. Who is second most important? Gregg? You are a laugh riot.

He is one of the only pitchers in the organization that has a #2 starters ceiling. He is also in the majors and having him be that guy changes things a lot. So yes, he is clearly very important given the needs of this team and how poor the pitching has been.

BMat being poor last year was one of the things to happen to this organization(in terms of player performance) over the last 14 years. So yes, he is extremely important because you had him penciled in as a sub 4 ERA, 200 ip pitcher and if he isn't that, the team takes another step back, like thy did last year.

Not really a difficult concept to figure out.

Yeah, he normally sweats like a pig in a butcher shop.

Who cares about sweating? That doesn't mean you are worn out.

His velocity didn't drop. His pitches weren't up anymore than thy had been. He wasn't laboring at all. He was still finishing his pitching, particularly the off speed stuff. Palmer never mentioned iirc and he would have for sure.

He was just sweaty. BFD.

Who cares about sweating? That doesn't mean you are worn out.

His velocity didn't drop. His pitches weren't up anymore than thy had been. He wasn't laboring at all. He was still finishing his pitching, particularly the off speed stuff. Palmer never mentioned iirc and he would have for sure.

He was just sweaty. BFD.

He was worn out. You could see on his face and in his pitches.

He is one of the only pitchers in the organization that has a #2 starters ceiling. He is also in the majors and having him be that guy changes things a lot. So yes, he is clearly very important given the needs of this team and how poor the pitching has been.

BMat being poor last year was one of the things to happen to this organization(in terms of player performance) over the last 14 years. So yes, he is extremely important because you had him penciled in as a sub 4 ERA, 200 ip pitcher and if he isn't that, the team takes another step back, like thy did last year.

Not really a difficult concept to figure out.

He doesn't have ahigher ceiling than arieta, britton or chen. Or even hunter. He is fighting to stay in bigs at 25. I think those other guys are more likely to be big league starters than matusz

He doesn't have ahigher ceiling than arieta, britton or chen. Or even hunter. He is fighting to stay in bigs at 25. I think those other guys are more likely to be big league starters than matusz

Yeah yeah, we know. Every professional scout is wrong, and you're right. Why hasn't a team seen your mad genius and hired you?

Yeah yeah, we know. Every professional scout is wrong, and you're right. Why hasn't a team seen your mad genius and hired you?

I am sure plenty of scouts are of the belief now that matusz is a bust. Not every top propect makes it in the bigs.

Archived