"I was trying to hit him. I'm not going to deny it."

Aglets

What's the point of a five day suspension for a SP? Wouldn't he just be sitting that out waiting for his turn anyway?

And the Phillies fans cheering for Werth's broken wrist?? Classy stuff man

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, Hamels hit a 6-foot-3, 215-lbs guy in the lower back with a pitch. The hyperbole in this thread is insane. I sure hope every one of you will react with the same level of disgust every single time any pitcher throws a pitch high and in against someone -- that's a hell of a lot more dangerous than anything Hamels did last night....

This.

Although, I think it was short sighted for Hamels to start a feud with a new forming rivalry when Hamels will have to bat next time he plays them.

Honestly, Hamels hit a 6-foot-3, 215-lbs guy in the lower back with a pitch. The hyperbole in this thread is insane. I sure hope every one of you will react with the same level of disgust every single time any pitcher throws a pitch high and in against someone -- that's a hell of a lot more dangerous than anything Hamels did last night....

Actually, you're the one overreacting. What "insane hyperbole" are you talking about?" Between the numbers with a purpose pitch is considered the "lower back?"

5.jpg

You may not have noticed, but here on an "Orioles board" people get (in your words) "fired-up" about a lot of things outside the Orioles. For example, bring up Jeff Bagwell and the Hall of Fame.

Actually, you're the one overreacting. What "insane hyperbole" are you talking about?" Between the numbers with a purpose pitch is considered the "lower back?"

5.jpg

You may not have noticed, but here on an "Orioles board" people get (in your words) "fired-up" about a lot of things outside the Orioles. For example, bring up Jeff Bagwell and the Hall of Fame.

Whatever you say....carry on....Hamels is obviously the preeminent example of moral turpitude on a baseball field....

I expect to see you up in arms at the horror of the next up-and-in brush back pitch in an O's game, be it thrown by friend or foe.

Whatever you say....carry on....Hamels is obviously the preeminent example of moral turpitude on a baseball field....

I expect to see you up in arms at the horror of the next up-and-in brush back pitch in an O's game, be it thrown by friend or foe.

I am not "up in arms at the horror" of this pitch either, but keep building your strawman. Whatever ....

I am not "up in arms at the horror" of this pitch either, but keep building your strawman. Whatever ....

You can't have it both ways -- defend fans getting fired up, and then say that me calling them "fired up" is a strawman. Granted, I know people love to use "strawman" on a message board -- appropriate or not.

You can't have it both ways -- defend fans getting fired up, and then say that me calling them "fired up" is a strawman. Granted, I know people love to use "strawman" on a message board -- appropriate or not.
I asked you before, and you ducked it, what "insane hyperbole" were you talking about? Speaking of irony, the only "hyperbole' I've seen, "insane" or otherwise is yours: "up in arms at the horror," "Hamels is obviously the preeminent example of moral turpitude."

Nah, just brush it off with a "whatever" when asked to defend your remarks.

Biggest non-story at the start of the 2012 season. A pitcher who thinks he's better than he really is tries to act all Roger Clemens and teach a 19 year old phenom a lesson by drilling him in the back. And then he's stupid enough to admit it, thinking he's all Billy Badass.

BFD.

You've completely missed the point. hitting him wasn't the problem...admitting to it was. That's just dumb. You don't flatten the tires of the car that keeps blocking your driveway, and then run to the Police Station and tell them that you did it.

Colin Cowherd just made an interesting point. By suspending Hamels, who told the truth, and not suspending Zimmerman, who lied and said he didn't intentionally hit Hamels, MLB is rewarding dishonesty. He tied it back to how MLB got into the steroids scandal.

Archived