Gibbons 15-day suspension?

Fan4Life

HgH ≠ Steroids.

Correct. And while I don't "forgive" Gibbons, nor do I think this makes him the anti-Christ. I'm just glad he will be able to put the issue behind him, both for his sake and the team's.

I'm fully prepared to hear that other Orioles also were users of banned substances.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is true but the fact that he had HGH and steriods delivered to his house at the same time is pretty telling! Maybe the steriods were for his dogs that he was selling to Mike Vick!

Where do you see that he received steroid shipments?

"Gibbons got six shipments of Genotropin (a brand name for synthetic human growth hormone), two shipments of testosterone and two shipments of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) between October 2003 and July 2005, SI.com said on Sept. 9, citing a source in Florida with knowledge of a Signature Pharmacy client list."

Source:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3144472

Where do you see that he received steroid shipments?

"Gibbons got six shipments of Genotropin (a brand name for synthetic human growth hormone), two shipments of testosterone and two shipments of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) between October 2003 and July 2005, SI.com said on Sept. 9, citing a source in Florida with knowledge of a Signature Pharmacy client list."

Source:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3144472

Testosterone = anabolic steroid

Testosterone = anabolic steroid

Steroids users often lose the ability to naturally produce testosterone (hence the, um, shrinkage). I think the stuff he received is used to replace the testosterone his body could no longer produce.

Gibbons is worse than a common criminal, IMO.

He cheated his way to a $20M contract and took a baseball job from someone more deserving.

Then, he called out other ballplayers for their "use" while he knows he was guilty the entire time.

What a phony.

How much did his performance improve, and did it result in his new contract? He was never gonna be a 30/30 guy.

Uh, yeah! You could tell back in April this guy was off of whatever he was taking. He was wearing an under armour shirt under his uniform and all of a sudden his Popeye arms were gone. He was not tradable before this happened. Cut this guy now, he is worthless.

Steroids users often lose the ability to naturally produce testosterone (hence the, um, shrinkage). I think the stuff he received is used to replace the testosterone his body could no longer produce.

Close but no it is steriods. Testosterone is what makes you bigger, you often have to take estrogin blocker when coming off steriods so you dont get man boobs because when on steriods your testosterone levels are so high the body creates more estrogin to try to level out the body.

Close but no it is steriods. Testosterone is what makes you bigger, you often have to take estrogin blocker when coming off steriods so you dont get man boobs because when on steriods your testosterone levels are so high the body creates more estrogin to try to level out the body.

I was on the right track I think. Doesn't your body stop making testosterone to some extent though? I figured the other drugs listed were to counteract side effects of steroid use but I guess you are right, they are the steroids themselves.

This happens because the body is programmed to keep the levels of testosterone in the blood at a balanced level. When the body of men on steroids detects the elevated levels of steroids, the body stops making testosterone.

http://www.ianabolicsteroids.com/men-on-steroids.htm

I was on the right track I think. Doesn't your body stop making testosterone to some extent though? I figured the other drugs listed were to counteract side effects of steroid use but I guess you are right, they are the steroids themselves.

http://www.ianabolicsteroids.com/men-on-steroids.htm

Correct because you are injecting huge amount of artifical testosterone so the body reacts by shutting down production and upping production of Estrogin. So when you get off if you dont take blockers the Testosterone levels drop and estrogin stays high and you get boobs!

Archived