Gibbons 15-day suspension?

Fan4Life

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the WFAN report as well. I think it's fine to post something you heard on the radio provided that A) it was stated by an actual employee of the station, not a caller, and B) you identify the station and, if possible, the radio personality who said it (BTW it was either Mike or the Mad Dog, I can't really tell their voices apart).

As for the suspension, 15 games seems fair to both sides, considering that he bought the steroids before there was any penalty for them and HGH in 2005 but there wasn't a specified penalty for that either. I wonder why Gibbons was suspended before Glaus, Schoenweis, and Guillen though (I can see why it would be different, and probably less severe, for those who only bought HGH). Maybe he just dropped his appeal and the others are still fighting... who knows. I hope he will come out and make some statement about it though. After all the times he swore up and down he'd never used anything, his denials were almost on a level with Raffy wagging his finger at Congress.

As for this being the end of his Orioles career... here's a question. If he's suspended for 15 games, the Orioles don't have to pay him for those games. However, if they release him before the season, do they still have to pay him for those games since he's not actually missing them from the O's, or do they not have to pay him for the suspended time?

Archived