Brian Roberts starting in Bowie tomorrow night

accinfo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bump.

Any update on how Brian has been doing? I heard he was going to delmarva. Has he not played recently?

https://twitter.com/Britt_Ghiroli/status/206435794813075456

From the Hangout front page, "Brian Roberts (concussion) is expected to continue his rehab assignment Tuesday with Class A Delmarva.

Roberts went hitless in two games with Double-A Bowie, and is likely to spend another two weeks, at the minimum, on his rehab assignment. The best-case scenario for Roberts would be an early-to-mid June return. "

Source: Brittany Ghiroli on Twitter

No disrespect, but you're not his doctor.

I don't think anyone posting here has the right background to claim what does and doesn't seem sufficient. This is all quite over our heads.

Dr Lev can check my eyes. Well, when his ribs heal for him to raise his arms.

https://twitter.com/Britt_Ghiroli/status/206435794813075456

From the Hangout front page, "Brian Roberts (concussion) is expected to continue his rehab assignment Tuesday with Class A Delmarva.

Roberts went hitless in two games with Double-A Bowie, and is likely to spend another two weeks, at the minimum, on his rehab assignment. The best-case scenario for Roberts would be an early-to-mid June return. "

Source: Brittany Ghiroli on Twitter

Bob's favorite number is three.

Bob's favorite number is three.

On the bucket list fer sure - (2 chix). Else? Baltimore's Babe was 3 but as a NYY. Harold Baines was 3 and Billy Rip. Three is a crowd. Third base with a lady is good. A BRob triple would be nice in his return to the O's....:D

Now back to the BRob love....

I watched Brian play tonight and was able to get his autograph on a game ball that I caught. In case that no one knows, his wife is SMOKING HOT.

He looked okay at 2b tonight. He made a strong relay throw to 3b but it was too late.

He was standing on first and the batter nailed the ball into the left/center gap. He went all the way to the plate and was burned pretty badly. He should have never been sent home. Seriously, the ball beat him by about 5-7 steps and he slowed down to a walk and let the catcher tag him. No need to plow into him and risk getting hurt in a rehab game. My question is, would he do the same thing in a real game? Probably.

He looks noticeably smaller.

Edit: He also legged out an infield hit. It was a classic BRob at-bat. Foul after foul and finally a small tapper down the 3b line. The 3bman came up short and couldnt handle the ball, but I think Roberts beats it anyways. I'm pretty sure he got credit for a single.

I watched Brian play tonight and was able to get his autograph on a game ball that I caught. In case that no one knows, his wife is SMOKING HOT.

He looked okay at 2b tonight. He made a strong relay throw to 3b but it was too late.

He was standing on first and the batter nailed the ball into the left/center gap. He went all the way to the plate and was burned pretty badly. He should have never been sent home. Seriously, the ball beat him by about 5-7 steps and he slowed down to a walk and let the catcher tag him. No need to plow into him and risk getting hurt in a rehab game. My question is, would he do the same thing in a real game? Probably.

He looks noticeably smaller.

Edit: He also legged out an infield hit. It was a classic BRob at-bat. Foul after foul and finally a small tapper down the 3b line. The 3bman came up short and couldnt handle the ball, but I think Roberts beats it anyways. I'm pretty sure he got credit for a single.

What was his final line?

One impressive stat on Roberts so far is 0 strikeouts and 3 walks. He obviously is seeing the ball pretty well. I think he can get in pretty solid shape in 20 days (almost a month). Just needs to stay healthy, which I still question.

Roberts to date in the minors:

Year         Tm    Lg  Lev Aff G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO   BA  OBP  SLG   OPS TB2012    2 Teams 2 Lgs AA-A BAL 6 15 11 2 3  2  0  0   1  0  0  3  0 .273 .400 .455  .855  52012      Bowie    EL   AA BAL 5 12  9 2 2  2  0  0   1  0  0  2  0 .222 .333 .444  .778  42012   Delmarva  SALL    A BAL 1  3  2 0 1  0  0  0   0  0  0  1  0 .500 .667 .500 1.167  1

Archived