Huge crowds this weekend?

Frobby

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Over/under for the Pirates series-60K.
Good luck with 60! Mid-week series? I doubt it!
Over;

I think we do pretty easily considering Brian Roberts is coming back. I am going to say we get around 65K for this weekday series.

I'd probably go under too-but this will be a really good test to see where attendance will stand during the week. The weekend are going to be 100K+ going forward.
School ended at most places last week, so that's a plus.

Potential B-Rob return.

Back to back walkoff wins.

It will definitely be over 60K.

I will take the over. A decent number of Pirates fans will show up along with the BRob worshipers and liberated school kids.

Not sure of the exact total, but it was over 68,000 for the series. Probably would have topped 70,000 if the weather had been better on Tuesday. The fans are starting to sit up and take notice. I'm sure they'll have huge crowds when they return in a week to play the Nats.

There may have been 8,000 sailors in the park the past 2 days! Seriously, great crowds this week. Nats series will surely be over 100K. This had to of been one of the biggest midweek non sox/yanks series in a while.

No reason to have less than 20k in the park the rest of the year besides for crummy weather(or crummy play)

There may have been 8,000 sailors in the park the past 2 days! Seriously, great crowds this week. Nats series will surely be over 100K. This had to of been one of the biggest midweek non sox/yanks series in a while.

No reason to have less than 20k in the park the rest of the year besides for crummy weather(or crummy play)

Hopefully the team keeps giving people a reason to come out. When you go to a game and they win, it motivates you to come back.

Barring poor weather I think the Nats series will draw at least 120K plus. I think there will be a greater interest then the last series because of Roberts return. I think both fan bases will make the trip to OPACY.

Alot of sailors and some people from out of town in for the Sailabration. The O's got somewhat of a bounce because if it. The weather and playing strong also helped. The nat's series has already sold about 95,000 tickets. The Nat's are playing well and should have fine attendance. I heard some people are waiting to buy tickets to see when Strasburg might pitch.

Alot of sailors and some people from out of town in for the Sailabration. The O's got somewhat of a bounce because if it. The weather and playing strong also helped. The nat's series has already sold about 95,000 tickets. The Nat's are playing well and should have fine attendance. I heard some people are waiting to buy tickets to see when Strasburg might pitch.

Looks to me like we might miss Strasburg. He is scheduled for next Wednesday against Tampa, and if that holds, he won't pitch in the Orioles series. Nor will Gio Gonzalez. That would be a good development for us.

I'd put the over/under at 120,000. Last year's home Nats series, played in May, drew 91,000. The one two years ago, played in June, drew 95,000. But considering how the two teams are playing, I think they'll do much better this year. In DC, the 2010 series drew 85,000 and the 2011 series drew 107,000, but the 2012 series drew 120,000. Interest is up in both cities and I'm sure the Nats fans noticed how many Orioles fans traveled to DC for that series, and will want to reciprocate.

I was there on Tuesday and went down last night. What a difference two days makes. I know the weather was crappy on Tuesday, we had the stadium to myself. A buddy of mine and I sat at the CF bar seats, which are awesome by the way. Those things will be ticketed seats next year, mark my words. Last night we got down there late, parked south of Ravens stadium since it was so packed, went to Pickles for a beer, waited in line for 20 mins to get tickets, and the cheapest seats they had were $18. Being on a budget and with the game already approaching the 4th inning, we opted not to go in and hung at the local bars to watch the game. Still a fun night but man, I didn't expect the crowds and it's so surreal to have crowds back at the yard again. Next time I am going to plan ahead and buy tickets on-line and make sure my buddies are on time.

I was there on Tuesday and went down last night. What a difference two days makes. I know the weather was crappy on Tuesday, we had the stadium to myself. A buddy of mine and I sat at the CF bar seats, which are awesome by the way. Those things will be ticketed seats next year, mark my words.

Definitely. There's a reason why the seats at the bar are numbered. I mentioned that to an usher up there and he just kind of winked and smiled. Can't say I blame the O's for that, though. It's a great view.

Archived