JJ needs to be moved down in the order

zero1

It is nonsense and way past the time a change should have been made.

Thoughts?

Totally agree. I can't imagine why Buck hasn't moved Hardy down and given someone else a go in the #2 hole, especially given how well Markakis has done after his move to the leadoff spot.

I'd like to see McLouth or Quintanilla get a shot there. Actually who I'd really like to see in the #2 hole would be LJ Hoes and his .390ish OBP.

But Hardy needs to be batting 6th or 7th for sure.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q should bat 2nd. Hardy should be dropped to 6th in the lineup. Buck has juggled most of the lineup all season but Hardy did bat 3rd one or two games I believe for some strange reason. I saw JJ strike out his first two at bats last night after sitting through a 3 hour rain delay and it was frustrating watching him struggle and I believe he struck out in the first inning today. Markakas led off with a double and hardy was unable to move him over to 3rd. It was a key out in the first as we left runners on 2nd and 3rd and couldn't score.

Call me crazy, but why not bat Jones 2nd? Seems to me that you'd want your best hitter to get the most plate appearances possible each game. It's ridiculous that Hardy is getting more plate appearances than Jones.

This isn't a horrible idea to me, especially if it gets Jones to be more patient at the plate.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Reynolds would be a sexy option in the 2 hole. Hits for power, good OBP even with a ****ty average, Ks a lot so he's not hitting into many DPs...

Kakes

Reynolds

Mclouth

Jones

Wieters

Davis

Machado

Hardy

Q

Could swap the last 4 however you'd like, but top to bottom that looks sexy.

Id like to see:

Markakis

McLouth

Davis/Thome

Jones

Wieters (I guess)

Betemit/Reynolds

Quintanilla

Machado (I'd like him lower the way he's hitting but its too early imho)

Hardy

If Hardy picks it up and starts hitting like we think he should be able to he could move up.. same for Reynolds really.. and Wieters. I've been waiting all season for that to happen with both of them but I'm starting to think this season might be a wash for Reynolds in particular, which is a shame because we need both of their bats at the moment.

On a side note some people are down on Davis. I like him. He's got power and has an average batting avg. I know he strikes out and doesn't walk muc,h but I think with some consistent reps and less pinballing around the positions. he could improve some in those areas.

Until you have a clone of Markakis. There is no number 2 hitter on this team. Since all the cards are on the table. I'm not taking Markakis out of the 1 hole even if Roberts was healthy. Roberts might be your 2-hole batter next year.
I agree with this but there are a number of better options than Hardy, who is arguably the worst option on the team. Personally I like McLouth. or a platoon of Andino/Q.

Until you have a clone of Markakis. There is no number 2 hitter on this team. Since all the cards are on the table. I'm not taking Markakis out of the 1 hole even if Roberts was healthy. Roberts might be your 2-hole batter next year.

I certainly hope this is not the case, but I think Roberts has nothing more to offer us. Veteran leadership off the bench I guess.

I certainly hope this is not the case, but I think Roberts has nothing more to offer us. Veteran leadership off the bench I guess.

Roberts will get another shot unless he calls it a career. Outside of that, the O's will have to find a number 2 hitter in FA.

I do think after Hardy's year last year he deserves a chance at the number 2 spot or a mulligan for the year. But the answer isn't in the organization at the moment.

Roberts will get another shot unless he calls it a career. Outside of that, the O's will have to find a number 2 hitter in FA.

I do think after Hardy's year last year he deserves a chance at the number 2 spot or a mulligan for the year. But the answer isn't in the organization at the moment.

What was it about JJ's 310 OBP last season that leads you to think he should bat #2? If he's a power hitter with low OBP, why wouldn't you want him lower in th order, say 5 through 7? Why wouldn't you want speed and OBP in the 2 hole instead? The ideal answer isn't in the organization, but there are a lot of better answers, IMO.

Archived