Tillman

whynot38

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. In fact, you're better than many, who come running whenever Tillman falters to rub it in the face of those who've advocated patience and opportunity for Chris. Those posts are really the worst. I'll never understand them.

I was just posting observations. Velocity was down, command was bad, he got smacked around in the 1st inning.

Obviously, it's positive that he bounced back from that 1st inning and it's gravy that the Orioles offense bailed him out.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just posting observations. Velocity was down, command was bad, he got smacked around in the 1st inning.

Obviously, it's positive that he bounced back from that 1st inning and it's gravy that the Orioles offense bailed him out.

I wasn't really talking about you - and frankly, not really talking about Moose either, because Moose's reaction to Tillman is clearly some kind of uncontrollable emotional/neurological issue (I kid), or even really Frobby's comment that ticked me off yesterday - just a general sense. I get that the need to be right is often at odds with the best outcomes for the Orioles (I feel the tug, myself), and that the need to be right forces oppositional stances among fans. But, man, Tillman just sets off the looniest, most ill-considered sides of so many posters. It's strange - it only happens, I think (as with Felix Pie) when some posters take issue with fan support of a player they don't like. As if the mere fact that someone watches, analyzes, and has guarded hope for a player amounted to little more than a wholesale affront to their entire cosmology.

That was a terrible start to the game. People had every right to comment. That's a very different thing that grasping onto it as an "I told you so."

SEATTLE MARINERS O(August 6th)

Dustin Ackley - 2B

Michael Saunders - CF

Jesus Montero - DH

John Jaso - C

Kyle Seager - 3B

Mike Carp 1B

Casper Wells - LF

Eric Thames - RF

Munenori Kawasaki - SS

CHRIS TILLMAN O(vs. MARINERS 8/05)

IP:O 7.33

H:o. 5

R:O. 1

BB:. 1

SO:. 5

Pitches: 99 (68 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.38

TILLMAN BY INNINGS

12 *

* Tillman retired 1 batter in the 8th inning before departing.

He "rolled" a lot of curveballs, but man he had a pretty sweet one on a strike out late in the game. His comeback has been great to watch, from his dominant start in Seattle to his bounceback from his Minnesota thumping to hanging in against NYY to starting this homestand off right. Love how he's going about his business.

Archived