Tillman

whynot38

People can say all they want about fastball command, fastball velocity, curveball command, etc. The fact is Tillman is succeeding thus far. And a lot of that has to do with the fact he has 5, count em, yes, 5 MLB pitches. You don't know what's coming and his repetoire is very deep.

Kansas City seemed to know last night.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game, and I'm not as concerned with Tillman as some others seem to be right now. He was hitting 91-93 consistantly still. His curve ball was not being called for a strike at all. You could argue that's his 2nd best pitch. When you can't throw your second best pitch, you are going to have some trouble.

CHRIS TILLMAN O(vs. RED SOX 8/16)

IP:O 4.67

H:o. 6

R:O. 3

BB:. 2

SO:. 5

Pitches: 110 (64 Strikes, 46 Balls)

2012 ERA: 3.65

TILLMAN BY INNINGS

22 *

* Tillman recorded 2 outs before departing in the 5th inning.

I'm taking a break from posting for a while, but I wanted to post in the thread so I wasn't accused of dodging it.

Really terrible game plan tonight. The stuff is there, but he needs to lean on his FB, throw fewer curves and throw the curve for strikes.

Go get 'em, O's. Take care y'all.

I'm taking a break from posting for a while, but I wanted to post in the thread so I wasn't accused of dodging it.

Really terrible game plan tonight. The stuff is there, but he needs to lean on his FB, throw fewer curves and throw the curve for strikes.

Go get 'em, O's. Take care y'all.

This might be our only pennant race for the next 15 years and you're not gonna post during it?? Wow.

This might be our only pennant race for the next 15 years and you're not gonna post during it?? Wow.

I only need the board when we're losing. ;)

Kidding.

Eh, my presence has become a distraction in threads recently, and I've taken enough heat. I'll let folks enjoy.

He was absolutely infuriating tonight, IMO. Granted the defense let him down in some spots....but I never understand how Tillman can keep his team in the game, throw 20 pitches per inning and not make it past the 5th cause he's already at 100. Quite frankly, his efficiency sucks.

Palmer nailed it when he wondered why he wasn't throwing his fastball more when he blew it past a hitter (can't remember who) in the later innings he was in.

He was absolutely infuriating tonight, IMO. Granted the defense let him down in some spots....but I never understand how Tillman can keep his team in the game, throw 20 pitches per inning and not make it past the 5th cause he's already at 100. Quite frankly, his efficiency sucks.

Palmer nailed it when he wondered why he wasn't throwing his fastball more when he blew it past a hitter (can't remember who) in the later innings he was in.

I don't remember him shaking Wieters off. Actually, I recall him popping the glove when Wieters was setup a foot off the plate.

Pitch Type	Avg Sp 	Max Sp 	H-Brk 	V-Brk 	Count 	Strikes / % 	Whiffs / % 	SNIPs / % 	Linear WeightsFF (FourSeam)	92.45	94.3	-2.13	11.49	54	30 / 55.56%	2 / 3.70% 	26 / 52.00%	0.3066CH (Change)	81.39	82.4	-4.39	8.80	10	6 / 60.00%	2 / 20.00% 	4 / 50.00%	-0.1255SL (Slider)	84.22	85.6	3.34	-2.33	6	5 / 83.33%	0 / 0.00% 	2 / 66.67%	1.2533CU (Curve)	77.32	79.7	2.83	-10.24	26	13 / 50.00%	4 / 15.38% 	10 / 43.48%	-0.7314FC (Cutter)	92.66	95	0.77	11.50	14	10 / 71.43%	2 / 14.29% 	7 / 63.64%	-0.0507

location.php-pitchSel=501957&game=gid_2012_08_16_bosmlb_balmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=.gif

The key stats here is the SNIPs - foul balls. A 52% rate of FBs. Amazing.

Palmer thought he had the good fastball...often got 2 strikes and then nibbled with the curve. He either needs to prove early he can throw it for strikes or cut it way back ...It killed his pitch count , the pen , and cost us the game and our SP for Saturday.

Archived