Why do people value WAR/Arbitrary formulas.

Fired-Up

In prelapsarian days, all was art, my friend - in other words, I'm assuming Adam and Eve did a lot of baseball analysis, along with apple eating. Adam was a 3 WAR guy, by the way. But that was before the fall.

Hmmm. Which means nothing was art. Art was unnecessary to bridge the uncertain gap to God, because humanity was one with God. There were no apples and no baseball analyses. There was no need for a dialectic or synthesis because there was no splintering into Being and Nothingness, no thesis and antithesis.

Basically, this:

starchild.jpg

;)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm. Which means nothing was art. Art was unnecessary to bridge the uncertain gap to God, because humanity was one with God. There were no apples and no baseball analyses. There was no need for a dialectic or synthesis because there was no splintering into Being and Nothingness, no thesis and antithesis.

Basically, this:

starchild.jpg

;)

The only thing this thread is missing is a series of discrete, trippy images of flowing energy and lurid colors in the cosmos a la Space Odyssey 2001. Then it would truly be complete.

2001SpaceOdyssey128.jpg

Plus, everyone knows WAR is about as subjective as trippy, kaleidoscopic images of empty space and gaseous light.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread of the year, baby! Sorry I never opened this humorous thread earlier in this tough week. My main thought through most of the reading has been that the original poster would have saved many people time and posts and some angst by doing 15 minutes of research into WAR instead of ever starting this thread. I mean, if a smart person wants to claim WAR is flawed in a new thread, surely that person would have a quality list of WAR's shortcomings. Or perhaps not .....

Getting on Lucky Jim's dark side - that's an accomplishment. Of course, it's not quite the accomplishment of trying to be recognized as a legit poster simply by mentioning Socrates and using the word "flawed" numerous times. Seriously, it's not like WAR is Euclidean geometry. Ooooohhh - see what I did there - respect that, baby!

So, baseball statistics are evolving, you say. The most advanced one used today is known as WAR, but it's not perfect. Awesome.

LJ, I think using the "t" word was right. You are not the one who should be apologizing.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread of the year, baby! Sorry I never opened this humorous thread earlier in this tough week. My main thought through most of the reading has been that the original poster would have saved many people time and posts and some angst by doing 15 minutes of research into WAR instead of ever starting this thread. I mean, if a smart person wants to claim WAR is flawed in a new thread, surely that person would have a quality list of WAR's shortcomings. Or perhaps not .....

Getting on Lucky Jim's dark side - that's an accomplishment. Of course, it's not quite the accomplishment of trying to be recognized as a legit poster simply by mentioning Socrates and using the word "flawed" numerous times. Seriously, it's not like WAR is Euclidean geometry. Ooooohhh - see what I did there - respect that, baby!

So, baseball statistics are evolving, you say. The most advanced one used today is known as WAR, but it's not perfect. Awesome.

LJ, I think using the "t" word was right. You are not the one who should be apologizing.

If its taken you a week to read the thread, I wonder how many years it will take you to understand it?

Archived