SD wanted Arrieta and 2 prospects for Headley

Greg

Could be back on???

FWIW

Dave Tucker ‏@TestudoDave

WOW RT @1ncarceratedb0b *BREAKING #MLB NEWS* #Orioles are back in on #Padres Chase Headley. Chris Davis is said to be part of package. #IBN

FYI ...The guy is a DC writer

This is a fake tweet. Notice the '1' replacing the 'i' and the '0' replacing the o. The real twitter account is @incarceratedbob...

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You included the year where he played 113 games in the OF to a hugely negative effect?And, while he played 113 games last year, in 2009 he played 156. In 2010 he played 161. This year, he is on pace for 161. Also, your average appears to penalize him for the 60 games remaining this season - for which he is on pace to play....roughly 60.
Maybe I did, so his real average is roughly 145. So, he's a 3.6-win player per 145 games. We're quibbling over fractions of wins. It's not like any amount of minor playing time rejiggering is going to turn Chase Headley into either Willis Otaniz or a peak value Chipper Jones.

Fact. Anxiously awaiting the spin now. :)

No spin. He's a 3.3 WAR per 133 games played. There are no injury issues, overall, that I'm aware of, save for last year, and other-wise he's played roughly 98+% of his team's games. Not sure why we'd penalize him for one span on the DL and draw a yearly WAR estimate on that.

This is a fake tweet. Notice the '1' replacing the 'i' and the '0' replacing the o. The real twitter account is @incarceratedbob...

Bah, duh.

Typical the one trade rumor that was actually interesting to me was a completely fabricated one.

Not only is Incarcerated Bob one of those Scott Swaim "insiders", but that's a fake account imitating him. A fake of a fake if you will.

I am a huge Broncos fan and Incarareted Bob had very accurate info about Manning signing with the Broncos as an FYI, probably the most reliable of the info out there.

No spin. He's a 3.3 WAR per 133 games played. There are no injury issues, overall, that I'm aware of, save for last year, and other-wise he's played roughly 98+% of his team's games. Not sure why we'd penalize him for one span on the DL and draw a yearly WAR estimate on that.
Because he really, truly missed 50 games last year. And most baseball players miss games. If you take any group of players who averaged 160 games last year I'd bet their average this year will be 5 or 10 games less.

Chris Davis stays. Unless it's straight up for Headley. Or Davis and lets say Bridwell. I like Davis a lot, and him plus jake is to much IMO.

Davis is ok but if it plugs that giant vacuum @ 3b I will pile both him and Arrieta in my car and personally drive them to SD. It will be far far easier to replace Davis than it will be to find anyone decent to play 3B next without rushing Machado. You take that deal in a second but why would SD?

I am a huge Broncos fan and Incarareted Bob had very accurate info about Manning signing with the Broncos as an FYI, probably the most reliable of the info out there.

Scott Swaim gave out very accurate info on Pujols to Angels. Being a good BSer doesn't make him a good source of real info.

Archived