SD wanted Arrieta and 2 prospects for Headley

Greg

According to Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com, the Padres may still trade third baseman Chase Headley.

There's less than 30 minutes left until the non-waiver trade deadline, so the Padres don't have much time to find a match. Headley is the club's best hitter and is under team control through 2014, so the asking price figures to be sky high. The Yankees, Phillies, Indians, Athletics and Pirates have all reportedly expressed interest in recent weeks.

Source: Jon Paul Morosi on Twitter Jul 31 - 3:37 PM

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scott Swaim gave out very accurate info on Pujols to Angels. Being a good BSer doesn't make him a good source of real info.

I know nothing about either guy, I was just staying lots of people doubted him on the Broncos boards but were proven wrong. Regardless this is a fake account.

Davis is ok but if it plugs that giant vacuum @ 3b I will pile both him and Arrieta in my car and personally drive them to SD. It will be far far easier to replace Davis than it will be to find anyone decent to play 3B next without rushing Machado. You take that deal in a second but why would SD?

SD is trying to play hardball. lol. They want Arrieta for cheap, but he's worth more then they value him. I have lost 99% hope in him, but he still has high upside.

Because he really, truly missed 50 games last year. And most baseball players miss games. If you take any group of players who averaged 160 games last year I'd bet their average this year will be 5 or 10 games less.

I'm not saying that you don't account for games missed. I'm just saying that you shouldn't treat him as if he were some delicate flower who'll likely play something like 30 games less than he's played in all but one of the last four seasons.

So, he's 3.6 WAR per 145 games per rWAR.

And at 4.5 WAR per 145 games per fWAR.

That doesn't seem like a 3 WAR player to me. And, if anything else, the difference should probably be acknowledged in some way when you're relying on per-year value as part of your analysis. Particularly when you're dealing w/ a real possibility that even those numbers were suppressed playing in SD.

Because he really, truly missed 50 games last year. And most baseball players miss games. If you take any group of players who averaged 160 games last year I'd bet their average this year will be 5 or 10 games less.

15 players averaged 155 or more games a year from 2008-2010, so the overall average was somewhere north of there. In 2011 they averaged 150.

Oh absolutely. Yankees would acquire their A-Rod replacement before A-Rod is even done. Guaranteed extension, too, pretty much.

Disgusting how MLB has done nothing to make a fair playing field (some small steps in the draft this year). Frustration for another day....just tired of the Yankees having such an unfair advantage.

Disgusting how MLB has done nothing to make a fair playing field (some small steps in the draft this year). Frustration for another day....just tired of the Yankees having such an unfair advantage.

What? The changes actually help them by limiting money spent in the draft, which is where small market teams can make up their financial disadvantage. Pirates already got screwed by it with Appel.

Archived