First place!!!!

Moose Milligan

Olney is making an interesting comparison to the O's in all his interviews. He's saying we're like the #14 seed that makes it to the final four and has no pressure because no one expected them to be there.

I think this is pretty apt. The O's simply look like the best team on the field in almost every game they play and this has been going on for a full month. Every other team looks stressed, but the O's look like they are just having fun and hustling. It's a good time to be an O's fan for sure.

I see the same thing. I don't know if it's confidence or ignorance to the gravity of the situation, but it seems to me like the guys are truly taking it game-by-game as though this were game 1, 50, or 162 of the season.

Whatever it is, I think it's a terrific, probably unmeasurable example of the impact quality leadership can have on a team.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wile%2BE%2BCoyote%2Bcatches%2BRoad%2BRunner%2B3.jpg

I didn't think that we could catch them. I really didn't. When we were 10 back, I thought we'd be fighting for the Wild Card.

But nope. Here we are. Our destiny is completely in our hands now. We've got literally everything working right now. The lineup is producing, the starting pitching has been fantastic, the bull pen is lights out, and our best pitcher is coming off the DL soon. There's no reason that the Orioles can't finish the year in first place.

I'm thrilled that I got to be here in Toronto for us to catch them. Blue Jays fans were congratulating me about it (Canadians really are THAT friendly). They want us to take the division down (and there are a surprisingly large amount of O's fans up here).

So, why not? Keep the train rolling and earn that home field in the first round. This whole year has been amazing. Let's do what no one thinks we can do. Let's take this division down.

What was that chanting in our 5 run inning? I didn't catch it. Jays fans or O's fans?

What was that chanting in our 5 run inning? I didn't catch it. Jays fans or O's fans?

Jays fans. It was Frosh night at the Rogers Centre, so they were actually chanting back and forth at each other for the most part. They really weren't paying much attention to the game.

Tonight, as a fun addendum, was the lowest paid crowd in Rogers Centre history (announced attendance just over 11K). Also, I'm sure you all caught this, but the roof got stuck open for most of the middle innings when the rain started falling. It was surreal to be there with people pulling out their umbrellas and the grounds crew coming out to put some of that drying stuff down.

I think its interesting that many pundits are now saying the Yanks will still win the division because of their easy schedule over the last 9 games (Min, Tor, Bos), but they rather conveniently ignore the fact that the O's play 13 of their final 16 games against teams with losing records (Tor 4, Bos 6, Sea 3).

After tomorrow, the O's have a tough 10 game stretch (NY 4, TB 3, Oak 3), but if they can survive that, they'll have nearly two weeks to build momentum before the final series against the Rays.

Be wary of SEA, they might have a losing record, but nobody but Oakland and Baltimore have won more games since the AS break. They are playing very good baseball. That OAK, SEA roadtrip, could prove disastrous.

I don't know what to say or feel right now! I am a grown man crying; I am so happy for everyone on this team. I don't give a frick who says they're lucky; they have HEART! Pure frickin' Heart!

Damn Yankees!

[video=youtube;Ry8CpIg2fvU]

Wile%2BE%2BCoyote%2Bcatches%2BRoad%2BRunner%2B3.jpg

I didn't think that we could catch them. I really didn't. When we were 10 back, I thought we'd be fighting for the Wild Card.

But nope. Here we are. Our destiny is completely in our hands now. We've got literally everything working right now. The lineup is producing, the starting pitching has been fantastic, the bull pen is lights out, and our best pitcher is coming off the DL soon. There's no reason that the Orioles can't finish the year in first place.

I'm thrilled that I got to be here in Toronto for us to catch them. Blue Jays fans were congratulating me about it (Canadians really are THAT friendly). They want us to take the division down (and there are a surprisingly large amount of O's fans up here).

So, why not? Keep the train rolling and earn that home field in the first round. This whole year has been amazing. Let's do what no one thinks we can do. Let's take this division down.

There's at least one right here. :D

And yes, we are that friendly.

There's at least one right here. :D

And yes, we are that friendly.

You guys are. I ended up sitting with a guy that used to cover Blue Jays games and a guy that sells programs. The guy that sells programs ended up giving me a ride after the game. In no other city would this happen.

Archived