vs BLUE JAYS 9/24 GAME TWO

Goober Noodles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday: 1 for 6 with RISP, 8 LOB.

Game 1: 0 for 5 with RISP, 5 LOB, 2 GIDP.

Game 2 (so far): 3 for 9 with RISP, 9 LOB, 2 GIDP.

Totals: 4 for 20 with RISP, 22 LOB, 4 GIDP.

2-out RBIs get you into the playoffs. We haven't gotten those lately, and could have especially used them tonight. I will have to give credit to Andino for his 2-out, 2 RBI single in the 2nd.

I am more worried about how Tampa and the Angels are playing then how we are. We could of won yesterday but you aren't gonna win every game like that. Tonight is real frustrating but you have games like this as well. It would be nice to see the other teams lose a little bit.

You can't keep hoping and relying on things to be given to you. The O's control their own fate. Win or lose its on them. Not what the other teams do. The it happens stuff gets old. Good teams may have a few times they waste a bases loaded chance, but when the Orioles have the bases loaded, it seems they are on the ropes. Not the pitcher.

I haven't seen the Yard be that loud, and get so quiet, since Benitez hung one to Tony Fernandez in the 1997 ALCS.

I texted McNulty and told him that I was glad I left when I did... I think I would have taken a dump in centerfield after that 15 minute jaw dropping momentum change.

Such a painful punch in the gut. Oof I hope these guys are as resilient as Buck says they are.

This one is on Buck.......plain and simple. He managed like a clueless chimp.

His "in game" stratagies leave ALOT to be desired.

Notice how Farell pinch hit Lind in the 7th inning for Yan Gomes and he got a hit?

That's called managing Buck.

Take notes.

go see your shrink you p*ssy.
I'm sure people have pointed this out before' date=' but you are a [i']terrible[/i] poster.

Can we get a kiddy table game day thread? This crap was old about 3 months ago.

IDK, Goober, it might be a dead heat between these two.

Regardless of tonight's outcome, we almost HAVE to win the remaining two games. The A's will have their hands full with Texas, but I don't think the Yanks are going to lose to the Twins, and the Angels are playing at home against the Mariners. Angels also have three to close the season with Mariners while we take on the Rays. That's why games like tonight are so frustrating - every game matters and Buck didn't coach like it, and the players didn't play like it. it's not coincidental that when everyone was calling for the fall of the Yanks, they went on a blitzkrieg win streak. That's what good teams do. We need to do that.

JAKE ARRIETA O(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/24)

IP:O 2 *

H:o. 3

R:O. 4

BB:. 1

SO:. 4

Pitches: 38 (25 Strikes, 13 Balls)

2012 ERA: 6.18 OOSTARTER: 6.13 OORELIEVER:/B] 6.39[

* Arrieta inherited runners on 1st and 2nd with nobody out when he entered the game in the 6th inning.

with 8 games left, we're three up in the loss column. We go 5-3 we are guaranteed at least a tie.

If we win 94 games, we are in. We have to forget today, go get 'em tomorrow. If we lose, we will be 88-66. That's one hell of a record. I am so proud of these guys, I can't say enough about 'em.

Archived