Seattle P-I Speculates: Jones-Morrow-Clement?

Scribo

(referring to a position switch) That would be the ideal situation, IMO.

Why do you want to move a player to a position where their value is greatly diminished? Let's say both Weiters and Clement end up as .850 OPS players, just for the sake of argument. That's a Hall of Fame type bat for a catcher, and maybe a marginal all star at any of the likely positions they'd move to.

It's a little bit of the Tejada conundrum - his bat is great for a shortstop, but just adequate at third or first. As far as we know these catchers don't have a defensive problem driving them to be switched.

I'd entertain trades before position switches.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it for what it's worth, I've heard we are realllllly close on something with an AL West team which I will not name. Not Seattle. Or Anaheim for that matter. The quibble is over a fifth guy - we'll see. Maybe today - or maybe never. You know how these things go. But I was on the money last time - let's hope to make it two in a row!

Take it for what it's worth, I've heard we are realllllly close on something with an AL West team which I will not name. Not Seattle. Or Anaheim for that matter. The quibble is over a fifth guy - we'll see. Maybe today - or maybe never. You know how these things go. But I was on the money last time - let's hope to make it two in a row!

Wow... thanks Dyno.

Appreciate your insights.

Good lord, who on Earth could we be getting back from ............ Oakland? Texas?!?!?!?

EEK!

Let the games begin!! ;)

That really leaves only the Rangers. Do they have anything?

Okay everybody. So what are we getting back from Texas? :D

I think you just increased the projected page count on this thread tenfold. ;)

Texas has wanted Bedard since they put Teixeira up on the blocks. I wonder what they are offering, or if it's for Bedard, or if it isn't Oakland? I read that Oakland might be interested in Bedard on a different site, but it made no sense to me that they would go after him. This is intriguing.

Are you talking about Bedard or another one of our players? Thanks in advance.

Archived