Seattle P-I Speculates: Jones-Morrow-Clement?

Scribo

Article in today's Seattle Post-Intelligencer speculates that the Mariners may be forced to give up their Big Three after the Kuroda signing dealt "a major blow to Seattle's offseason roster replenishment effort."

Baltimore will try to squeeze as much out of the Mariners as possible. The trouble is, those players aren't minor leaguers. Right-handed pitcher Brandon Morrow has a full year in the big leagues and right fielder Adam Jones has about half a season.

Rookie catcher Jeff Clement's name has been in the mix, along with left-handed relief pitcher George Sherrill.

To give up, say, Jones, Morrow and Clement, the Mariners would be pulling the plug on three former first-round draft picks regarded as being potential big league stars. And Bedard, as good as he is -- 13-5 last season, leading the AL with 10.93 strikeouts per nine innings -- may not be worth that.

Still, Mariners general manager Bill Bavasi is feeling the pressure to build on last season's turnaround and close the gap on the Los Angeles Angels, who won the AL West by six games.

Seattle P-I article

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<image src = "http://www.tvsa.co.za/mastershowimages/1174_deal_or_no_deal_468_2.jpg">

With AM as Howie and Angelos sitting up in a room where no one can see him or hear from him like the banker. It works for me.

Now if we could just get the models to deminstrate each trade we would really have something. It would definately be more entertaining than the last 10 years.

Archived