Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no chance I'd part with Bundy AND Machado. Bundy should be enough to headline any deal for Stanton. If the Marlins want Machado too, I'd walk away.

All this said, the more I read the less I think that Stanton's actually "on the trading block."

Yeah Machado might be stretching it. But I'm all for given up as many top rated unproven prospects (I'm not including Machado in this) for four years of Giancarlo Stanton.

Can you imagine if we pulled this trade off and then signed Berkman to an incentive-laden contract? Adam Jones would hit .320 with 35 HR with this lineup (it's all fantasy, I know):

1. Roberts

2. Markakis

3. Jones

4. Berkman

5. Stanton

6. Wieters

7. Davis

8. Hardy

9. Machado

The Marlins would want Machado but I don't think we would need to include him. Bundy for sure. I think two arms from Arrietta/Britton/Matusz/Tillman (if I'm being realistic, Tillman would definitely be one of them) would get the ball rolling.

I would definitely trade Machado and Bundy for Stanton but Duquette would not give up both. Shame we cannot trade Gausman b/c I would send both Bundy and Gausman in a heartbeat.

Tillman

Britton

Bundy

Schoop

Ed Rodriguez

Avery

for

Stanton

Mike Dunn

Bundy and Machado or Bundy and Gausman? Thank God you aren't running the team.

Bundy and Machado or Bundy and Gausman? Thank God you aren't running the team.

I already recanted and said trading Machado was not a good idea. Bundy and Gausman? I would do it in a heart beat. You must not realize what we would be getting in Giancarlo Stanton. If you don't, I can explain it for you.

It's a very unique situation and he's probably the only person in MLB right now that I would be willing to give up Bundy and Gausman (among others) for - it it was possible.

If you think there's a good chance Bundy and Gausman are the future #1 and #2 starters in our rotation - well I'll just say this - take a look back 4 years ago when we were all stoked about Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta and Britton.

I already recanted and said trading Machado was not a good idea. Bundy and Gausman? I would do it in a heart beat. You must not realize what we would be getting in Giancarlo Stanton. If you don't, I can explain it for you.

It's a very unique situation and he's probably the only person in MLB right now that I would be willing to give up Bundy and Gausman (among others) for - it it was possible.

If you think there's a good chance Bundy and Gausman are the future #1 and #2 starters in our rotation - well I'll just say this - take a look back 4 years ago when we were all stoked about Matusz, Tillman, Arrieta and Britton.

I know exactly what Stanton is- a young star who's already had knee problems that's a year away from setting new arbitration records. Not worth 12 years of Bundy and Gausman, IMO.

One of them? Sure. Both? Lol, no.

I know exactly what Stanton is- a young star who's already had knee problems that's a year away from setting new arbitration records. Not worth 12 years of Bundy and Gausman, IMO.

One of them? Sure. Both? Lol, no.

Well we won't have to worry about that b/c Gausman is ineligible to be traded, which is why I proposed the trade I originally did.

Because of his Miami area roots, I think Machado might be the most attractive player to the Marlins. As much as I would hate to trade Manny, (and it would probably take more than him) Giancarlo is a rare and extraordinary talent. He'll put people in the seats too.

I think it's safe to say he would drive in 100 runs on the Orioles. Kind of hard to do that when your teammates are Emilio Bonifacio, Greg Dobbs, Justin Ruggiano, Logan Morrison, Donovan Solano, and Bryan Petersen - who cares if Jose Reyes is your leadoff hitter.

Archived