Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What would bring you to certitude? ;)

Yah - the more pitching the better and two "studs" don't wind up in our pasture too often and even when they do - see Matusz, Brian, Riley, Matt, etc.

Nothing would bring me to certitude.

140 or so innings would at least give us an idea.

Hey, it is great that he looked impressive in the instructionals but that isn't game situations and it isn't dealing with travel and recovery.

I am encouraged by his performance so far and guardedly optimistic.

What would bring you to certitude? ;)

Yah - the more pitching the better and two "studs" don't wind up in our pasture too often and even when they do - see Matusz, Brian, Riley, Matt, etc.

This is why you need to keep as much pitching as possible. Pitching in MLB is really, really hard and most do not succeed. You want to trade two of the top pitching prospects for Stanton. Who the heck is going to pitch for us in a couple years?

Even if you account for positional scarcity as something like WAR does, Stanton is more valuable.

That's fine. I'm not sure WAR values a catcher's defense appropriately. There are only a handful of players, at any position, that can dominate a game defensively and Wieters is one of them. Considering that catching is the most important defensive position, I wouldn't trade Wieters for Stanton.

Wieters for Stanton all day every day. We would definitely miss his D, but his offense has been a huge letdown. Plus I can't see a guy Wieters size going deep into his career behind the plate. If he has to move to 1B his value is shot.

Ill take a young stud bat like Stanton and worry about finding a catcher later.

Wieters for Stanton all day every day. We would definitely miss his D, but his offense has been a huge letdown. Plus I can't see a guy Wieters size going deep into his career behind the plate. If he has to move to 1B his value is shot.

Ill take a young stud bat like Stanton and worry about finding a catcher later.

The Marlins dont want Wieters period. they are dumping payroll among other things and Wieters is starting to get expensive.

Archived