Orioles have inquired about Stanton

Roll Tide

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gausman can not be traded unless we make him a bubble boy for 9 months. That won't happen. So the concept of trading him at all is moot.

9 months? I believe it is a year after his first contract, so he could be traded on July 13, 2013. I agree that it won't happen and it would stunt his development as a prospect, but I'm pretty sure that is the rule.

Any realistic Orioles proposal for Stanton begins with Bundy and Machado. Even then, I'm not certain we have enough ancillary pieces to make them bite. Maybe Tillman as a #3 piece, and one of Matusz/Arrieta/Britton to round it out if they think one is capable of overcoming their issues. If they're not enamored of the former "Big Three", it would probably require Schoop as a #4 piece. The Marlins are not "compelled" to move him in any way -- he's still under team control for four years, no matter how upset he is with the brass. This is just fishing for an overpay, and the Rangers or Mariners may just bite :D

As much as I'd like Stanton (and I'd probably give up more for him than anyone not named Trout), I think even I'd balk at that price...

Bundy, Machado, Tillman , and Schoop???? I'll have some of what your smoking. No way that deal remotely happens IMO.

Maybe Bundy, Schoop, one of Matusz/Arrieta/Britton/S Johnson, One of Hoes/Avery, and one of Delmonico/Esposito.

Bundy, Machado, Tillman , and Schoop???? I'll have some of what your smoking. No way that deal remotely happens IMO.

Maybe Bundy, Schoop, one of Matusz/Arrieta/Britton/S Johnson, One of Hoes/Avery, and one of Delmonico/Esposito.

I personally would do a Bundy/Schoop/Britton/Hoes/Delmonico deal. I dont think many others would though

I'd do Bundy, Tillman, Arrieta or Matusz and Schoop. I don;t think we should or would have to trade both Bundy and Machado.S eriously, your talking about 2 of the top 10 prospects in all of baseball. I know technically Machado isn;t a prospect anymore but you get the point. He would be top 10 if not graduating late last year. SOmeone tell me the last time two top 10 prospects in all of baseball were traded in the same deal for a player??

I'd do Bundy, Tillman, Arrieta or Matusz and Schoop. I don;t think we should or would have to trade both Bundy and Machado.S eriously, your talking about 2 of the top 10 prospects in all of baseball. I know technically Machado isn;t a prospect anymore but you get the point. He would be top 10 if not graduating late last year. SOmeone tell me the last time two top 10 prospects in all of baseball were traded in the same deal for a player??

The moving parts are a bit different, but Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller were both BA Top 10 prospects when they were traded for Miguel Cabrera. I suppose we can slot Nolasco into the Dontrelle Willis role in this case...Maybe Loria can buy himself a few more platinum-plated humidors. Generally, of course, hitters with Stanton/Cabrera's profiles don't get moved early in their careers.

I'm not saying Bundy/Machado/Tillman/Schoop is a trade I would make...I just think it's a *realistic* asking price for the Marlins to actually pull the trigger. On the other hand (and just to play devil's advocate)...I'd be devastated as an Orioles fan if Bundy/Machado turned out to be Maybin/Miller.

The moving parts are a bit different, but Cameron Maybin and Andrew Miller were both BA Top 10 prospects when they were traded for Miguel Cabrera. I suppose we can slot Nolasco into the Dontrelle Willis role in this case...Maybe Loria can buy himself a few more platinum-plated humidors. Generally, of course, hitters with Stanton/Cabrera's profiles don't get moved early in their careers.

I'm not saying Bundy/Machado/Tillman/Schoop is a trade I would make...I just think it's a *realistic* asking price for the Marlins to actually pull the trigger. On the other hand (and just to play devil's advocate)...I'd be devastated as an Orioles fan if Bundy/Machado turned out to be Maybin/Miller.

I think Cabrera had a bit more of a pedigree at that time as well. Right?

The Orioles can put a package together that would satisfy the Marlins. They need pitching, infield and outfield help along with their pen. We have players in all of these areas that we can afford to give up. The way DD works the independent league and international scene we can replace any of the players already mentioned in various combinations. Stanton can be our Cabrera if we add him to our lineup. DD will be making some moves soon.

The Orioles can put a package together that would satisfy the Marlins. They need pitching, infield and outfield help along with their pen. We have players in all of these areas that we can afford to give up. The way DD works the independent league and international scene we can replace any of the players already mentioned in various combinations. Stanton can be our Cabrera if we add him to our lineup. DD will be making some moves soon.

The Marlins have no reason to trade Stanton until he costs more. So they won't. And if they do, we won't get him. And one of our division rivals might. So I hope I'm right in the former. And wrong in the later.

Archived