Wada's Return May Be Sooner than Expected: Showalter

OFFNY

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rotation is already down to just needing four pitchers, because of two off days.

But, at some point Feldman is penciled back at the 5 hole.

Hammel is soon to be back, right?

Where exactly does Wada fit into the equation? Since Buck sees him as a starter and not reliever.

From Britt's Bird Watch today:

*Tsuyoshi Wada has had back-to-back scoreless outings for Triple-A Norfolk, going five innings in yesterday’s win, and SHowalter mentioned for the first time today that he could be a potential September call-up as a reliever. Wada takes a long time to get ready so that would require some advance notice, but Showalter didn’t rule it out. The lefty, who has yet to throw a pitch for the Orioles, is part of Norfolk’s rotation and could be an option should the team need a starter as well.

From Britt's Bird Watch today:

*Tsuyoshi Wada has had back-to-back scoreless outings for Triple-A Norfolk, going five innings in yesterday’s win, and SHowalter mentioned for the first time today that he could be a potential September call-up as a reliever. Wada takes a long time to get ready so that would require some advance notice, but Showalter didn’t rule it out. The lefty, who has yet to throw a pitch for the Orioles, is part of Norfolk’s rotation and could be an option should the team need a starter as well.

Kind of contradicts your earlier post about Buck seeing him as a starter.

Kind of contradicts your earlier post about Buck seeing him as a starter.

Not really, notice the line? "Wada takes a long time to get ready."

Which Buck has said before, he primary thought of Wada as a reliever because of this.

But, I guess, given advance notice, he is willing to think about using him as a reliever.

Wada's AAA teammate (Zach Britton) did not pitch well again tonight.

He gave up only 2 hits over 5-plus innings, but he also walked 6 batters, including the first hitter of the 6th inning when he had an 11-1 lead.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/131620-Zach-Britton-Today-2013?p=3240011#post3240011

On the other hand ........

Wada's other AAA teammate, Freddy Garcia, pitched 5 innings of shutout ball.

Garcia only threw 60 pitches.

He walked 0, and struck out 7.

It was Garcia's second consecutive scoreless outing, and his 5th consecutive solid outing.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/131621-Freddy-Garcia-Today-2013?p=3242434#post3242434

Feldman better look half decent this start or we could see Wada very soon. He is through 6 innings and 0 runs and just 3 hits. 65 pitches and 48 strikes and 17 balls.

I would love for Wada to get a couple of September starts if he continues to make significant progress. With Buck's penchant for giving SP plenty of rest, it's certainly possible.

I think you will see him get spot starts against NYY and Red Sox.

That was my thoughts after the Chen start. There are some teams we face that kill right handers but very poor vs lefties. I could see Buck moving Feldman and Wada around to find teh best matchup or just throw a 6th man in there here and their.

Archived