AL East Predictions

Rene88

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We did nothing in the offseason to make the team better, and you are banking on us repeating the luck we had last year. We won't win all of those 1 run games and extra inning games again this year. That's why I think we will be below .500. Toronto loaded up so there is more losses to them, as well

We will end up around 79 wins and we will regress, from last year.

The team thats coming back is the same team (less Reynolds) who was one of the best teams in all of MLB during the last 6 weeks.

I am not banking on one run games or extra innings... What I am banking on is a full season of that september 2012 team. I see no reason unless we get some big injuries that we will not be a winning team.

You don't need to have a massive turnover of personnel to have a step change in performance. The 2011 Orioles had about 80% of the same players in the same spots as the 2012 Orioles and they won 69 games.

The Orioles of 2011 were no where close to the same team as the 2012 O's. You can look at the INF/OF and yeah see the same names... but DEF some key changes. Looking at the SP/RP thats just foolish. 2012: O'Day / Strop / Ayala / Lindstrom / Patton ... Most of those changes were the reason why we won 93 games.

Pitching Pitching Pitching and more Pitching.

Archived