Pedro Strop's hat

OFFNY

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with you, man. I don't know why the government doesn't come up with a list of things that make for a proper American, and if you don't follow them there are consequences. You just can't contribute to the decline and fall of Western civilization and not face the music. Uniforms squared away. Men wear button up shirts with collars when they're out in public, with hats (not ballcaps, obviously, but real hats like fedoras) they remove when inside buildings, and pants tailored to the official gov't specs. Hair for men of only a certain style and length. Women toeing the line on how women should act. Bring back the proper codes for TV and movies so nobody is forced to see improper behavior. Children seen and not heard, they all dress by the code, are required to get jobs at 15, join the service at 18.

Geez, is it really that hard to set and enforce standards? Freedom of expression is fine as long as you're expressing the right things.

;)

:laughlol:

Yep, pretty much this.

I think Buck needs to start handling Strop with kid gloves like he did in September last year.

He is no longer your 8th inning guy. I'd reserve that for a committee of O'Day & Matusz.

There shouldn't be a problem with him being your 8th inning guy with a 5-1 lead. If you can't trust him with a 4 run lead, then get rid of him.

There is no doubt that Strop wears his hat to stand out and be noticed. Brooks wore a batting helmet that was shaved down at the bill. That was unique... for whatever reason he did it, he has said that it helped him see the ball or maybe he was just trying to stand out and be noticed. To me, the uniform should be UNIFORM. stirrups, socks, hats, batting helmets, pants,

belts... all down the line. The NFL has this one right..... just imagine what guys would do in that league if they were allowed to make "individual" statements. Maybe I am an old fuddy

duddy, but it would be nice to have the guys look similar ON THE FIELD. They do have numbers and names on the back don't they??

And just for a little perspective, about 2 weeks ago I was out and about and I ran into a couple(early 20's) who had tattoos all over their faces. I was dumbfounded(a tad) so I could not look away. I guess I was staring at the young man for a few more seconds than normal. He looked at me and said "What the F*** are you looking at?" I quickly replied "Well, it's

obvious that you want people to notice you, so I did." He started to laugh and said "you're right man". So even though the kid did something stupid(in my mind) he gets it, sadly most

people have become hyper sensitive and always feel victimized... even if they do things to bring it on themselves by doing silly things.

There shouldn't be a problem with him being your 8th inning guy with a 5-1 lead. If you can't trust him with a 4 run lead, then get rid of him.

It was the perfect spot to use him yesterday actually. I just wouldn't bring him into a 1-run game in the 8th inning anymore. At least not until he gets back on track.

Ironic how he looked so dominant in the WBC, and so erratic here. Maybe Rodney needs to send him the lucky plantain.

It was the perfect spot to use him yesterday actually. I just wouldn't bring him into a 1-run game in the 8th inning anymore. At least not until he gets back on track.

Ironic how he looked so dominant in the WBC, and so erratic here. Maybe Rodney needs to send him the lucky plantain.

He left a couple of pitches in the middle of the plate......it happens. His stuff still looks very good. His FB still has tons of movement and is mid to upper 90's. His control with the slider is inconsistent at times.

I think he'll be fine, but I do agree about the 8th. That is O'Day's inning, and Matusz if there is a group of lefties coming up.

The hat issue isnt the biggest issue but its a legitimate issue for some. It symbolizes much of what is wrong in our society. Its stupid to wear a baseball hat that way. Its not meant to be worn like that. Its no different than wearing your pants down around your knees so everyone can see your skid marked boxers.

For some of us the hat thing is just bothersome because of what it represents - stupidty, as well as the decline in our society. Its just ridiculous.

The Skankees have a team policy on facial hair, NO? You wanna be a Yank, you shave. The Orioles could do the same with hats. You wanna be an Oriole, you wear your hat correctly and decently. It sends a message. We have standards in our organization. We do things well. We do things properly.

As our society continues to decline the hat issue isnt that big a deal. But it does represent much of what is wrong in our society and its natural that some would be bothered by it.

Its not just self expression - its about stupidity.

It's a matter of taste and certainly not stupidity. That is, unless you believe that anyone with taste different than yours is stupid.

Do people really think Pedro's hat is the cause of his problems? And blowing bubbles makes Jones drop fly balls? Do people really think that?

People are hardwired by genetics to distrust differences, and when they're mad about a dropped fly ball they don't have the self-control to not say the first thing that comes to mind. If I typed everything I thought I'd be labeled a certified lunatic.

Archived