Pedro Strop's hat

OFFNY

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to be associated with losers and the like dress like them. If you want to be respected dress and act like it. Give people a reason to respect you. Present yourself in a worthy fashion.

I guess legions of pre-war Hall of Famers like Jim Bottomley, Frank Chance, Walter Johnson abd Ernie Lombardi were losers who did not have the respect of their peers. They didn't present themselves in a decent, professional or worthy manner.

The fact is this: MLB has not enforced players wearing their hat straight, so your problem lies with MLB or with the managers of the baseball teams, not with the player, who is currently free to wear their hats anyway they please except, I suspect, completely backwards.

I agree. Buck should have told him to straighten out his hat. Same thing a little league coach would tell a player.

A loser to you, something much greater to himself and to others. Pedro doesn't need your respect, friend, and thus he doesn't need to wear his hat in a way that makes you respect him.

And if that's what determines whether or not your respect a man, then again, shame on you.

The fact is this: MLB has not enforced players wearing their hat straight, so your problem lies with MLB or with the managers of the baseball teams, not with the player, who is currently free to wear their hats anyway they please except, I suspect, completely backwards.

Backwards to you = reality in the real world.

How many CEO's do you see wearing crooked tilted ball caps? There is a reason for that. How you present yourself matters. And it matters to far more people than just me.

Try again bro.

I mean look what this has become since this mockery started in the early 1900s. It is almost like they are wearing a different uniform! Can you imagine what it is going to look like a hundred years from now? This "ghetto hat wearing" epidemic HAS to end. Our big league heritage is at stake.

You know what really got the ball rolling? Numbers and names and scoreboards and PA systems. Go to a game in 1910 and you don't really even know who's on the field. Everyone is wearing nearly identical grey or white flannels without any identifying marks at all. I guess some guy with a cardboard cone might try to announce who's up to the folks around home plate, but otherwise you often had no idea who was playing. That's what we need to go back to, to stop this scourge. 30 teams of 25 anonymous indetically-dressed players, guaranteed to not offend anyone.

No i think players should be able to have their hair the way want. But he should wear the uniform correctly. If he wants to play in the big leagues. Nothing about individuality at all. He just wants to look like a thug.

Been to a Little League game lately? Pony or High School? Many, many kids wear their hats the same way & they are not trying to look like thugs.

Baggy pants, oversized jerseys, tattoos, cocked hats, etc. are all part of today's game for many professional players. Lots of players also go with the flat brim hat. C.C. Sabathia wears Jordan basketball shoes remade as cleats. Brandon Philips is one of the games greatest youth advocates for the game & he wears his hat off center. An urban fashion sense has long made it's way into the MLB & it only appeals to many of the younger generation. Adapting to the culture will only help MLB, because without these kids, the game will simply die. And I see nothing wrong with allowing players some individual freedom when it comes to most of this stuff.

And Brian Wilson is/was a walking billboard of individuality. Hugely popular but he goes against the grain in wearing super tight pants & an unbuttoned jersey not to mention slight beard on his face.

And that is exactly why standards are needed. There is a reason for them. Appearance matters. What other people think about you based on how you present yourself matters. If someone wants to dress or act like a loser than non losers will look at that loser appearance and associate it with losers. Others will come to the defense of the loser looking guy and try to justify the loser association as they explain how he isnt really a loser.

If you want to be associated with losers and the like dress like them. If you want to be respected dress and act like it. Give people a reason to respect you. Present yourself in a worthy fashion.

Did people respect the 2004 Red Sox?

Do you hate casual Friday's?

I guess legions of pre-war Hall of Famers like Jim Bottomley, Frank Chance, Walter Johnson abd Ernie Lombardi were losers who did not have the respect of their peers. They didn't present themselves in a decent, professional or worthy manner.

What did it represent back then? Answer that question and you have your answer.

Backwards to you = reality in the real world.

How many CEO's do you see wearing crooked tilted ball caps? There is a reason for that. How you present yourself matters. And it matters to far more people than just me.

Try again bro.

I'd kill to have Mark Cuban own the Orioles, and he often looks like he just rolled out of bed to go to WalMart.

The point stands that you made a poor analogy trying to compare baseball players to CEOs. If we're talking CEOs, look to Bud Selig. He hasn't cracked down on the hats, so your issue is with Bud Selig.

Once again you've missed the point.

Its obvious that you've missed the point all along.

Archived