Pedro Strop's hat

OFFNY

Well, count me in as well. Its part of the uniform and should be worn correctly. Why did Buck tell Andino to wear his hat properly, but not Strop?

You would have to ask Showalter, but apparently, he doesn't care about it anymore.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care about whether he pitches well or not the hat wearing thing is ghetto. And the closer from the Dominican team does the same ghetto hat wearing. The NBA makes play suits on the way to games. The NFL polices there players as well. Teams likes the Yankees have crazy no beard of long hair rules. Pedro can wear his hat the right way or he shouldn't be out there. Nothing about old man fist shake. Next he will be wearing his pants around his ankles. He is in uniform for the team. He should look he is a professional. Nothing bigoted about my comment. There are white people and latinos in the ghetto as well wearing their hats crooked.

Then, before you know it, he'll be dealing cocaine from the pitchers mound. :rolleyes:

No i think players should be able to have their hair the way want. But he should wear the uniform correctly. If he wants to play in the big leagues. Nothing about individuality at all. He just wants to look like a thug.

This is about as ignorant a comment as I've ever seen. Pathetic.

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable as a Yankee fan, so your sensibilities won't be insulted.

I look at Kevin Youkilis or Jason Giambi in pinstripes with a clean-shaven face and think "What a freakin' sellout, what a loser. You had some character, now you're just a faceless, nameless drone with a big paycheck."

Ah yes, the old domino theory. If something is mildly off kilter and you can't get enough people mad about it, make sure you mention how the world will end when someone takes it 12,903 steps further.

Brian Roberts wears his pants cuffs over his shoes, therefore any day now Brian Roberts will be wearing only pants that fit Wilt Chamberlain and trail 3' behind him and the entire sport of baseball will be a mockery. Al Hrbrosky wore a really long beard, therefore someone will take that as a cue to dress up as a Sasquatch while pitching and baseball will be less popular than croquet.

I mean look what this has become since this mockery started in the early 1900s. It is almost like they are wearing a different uniform! Can you imagine what it is going to look like a hundred years from now? This "ghetto hat wearing" epidemic HAS to end. Our big league heritage is at stake.

The tilted cap look worked out for Hall of Famer "Sunny" Jim Bottomley well. But I guess this is only a recent fad. Perhaps Bottomley was a "me first" player.

30821411.jpg

I always hated that Bottomley character.

I don't care about whether he pitches well or not the hat wearing thing is ghetto. And the closer from the Dominican team does the same ghetto hat wearing. The NBA makes play suits on the way to games. The NFL polices there players as well. Teams likes the Yankees have crazy no beard of long hair rules. Pedro can wear his hat the right way or he shouldn't be out there. Nothing about old man fist shake. Next he will be wearing his pants around his ankles. He is in uniform for the team. He should look he is a professional. Nothing bigoted about my comment. There are white people and latinos in the ghetto as well wearing their hats crooked.

Bingo!

It sounds to me like you dont blame old grumpy white guys for all the ills in the world. Apparently you havent kept up with the times either. :thumbsup1: You are to be applauded sir!

Things like standards, decency, honor, respect, and normalcy are not revered by many. They are labeled as old, outdated, out of touch and irrelevant. Instead we have lauded things like individualism and expression demonstrated by stupidity and through foolishness. And while being your own individual is not a bad thing, the mindset that is lauded has produced several generations of individuals who cant handle life and its ups and downs. Its a generation of self centered, "look at me" I have to have my own way all the time immature people. The more ridiculous the better when it comes to appearance.

When it comes to a TEAM, its not about me. Its about the team. Im a part. I do whats best for the team. If the team has rules, and I want to be a part of that team, I conform. Its teaches me some mental toughness. I learn that to be a part of the group there are certain expectations I must live up to - for the benefit of the team. And while I may not see the tangible benefit of certain things, the ability to adjust and learn some self sacrifice is a worthy trait to develop.

The silly hat tilt in and of itself isnt so awful. Its what is represented by that silly hat tilt that is the issue. As a player in MLB its time to grow up and be a man. Act and look the part. Show that you are different and that you belong because you dont look like some loser working at Micky Dees or some punk who is too clueless to realize he looks like a fool.

You, sir, are an ignorant bigot.

You go far beyond just stating your dislike of the style and wanting him to adhere to uniform code. You are bringing far more into it, it's obvious to see, and I'm going to call that out every single time.

No I am not bigoted. I couldn't care less about his style. He could have dread locks down to his knees and facial tattoos and I wouldn't mind.

It is the uniform. He should wear it correctly. I don't care how he dresses when he isn't on the field. And all the Orioles should wear their uniform the same way. It is part of being a member of the team.

I have standards of dress at work and no one even sees me. I am not allowed to even wear a baseball cap to work. Is my company bigotted?

No, I think players should be able to have their hair the way want. But he should wear the uniform correctly. If he wants to play in the big leagues. Nothing about individuality at all. He just wants to look like a thug.

What a guy !!! :thumbsup1:

And what is being represented, exactly? In your mind, it's one thing. In his mind, it's something completely different.

And that is exactly why standards are needed. There is a reason for them. Appearance matters. What other people think about you based on how you present yourself matters. If someone wants to dress or act like a loser than non losers will look at that loser appearance and associate it with losers. Others will come to the defense of the loser looking guy and try to justify the loser association as they explain how he isnt really a loser.

If you want to be associated with losers and the like dress like them. If you want to be respected dress and act like it. Give people a reason to respect you. Present yourself in a worthy fashion.

I'm not calling you a bigot because you want him to conform to dress code (to which he's absolutely conforming, as clearly MLB has no issue with this style as of yet), I'm calling you a bigot because you are taking a fashion style and turning it into something far more sinister. You're saying it's from the "Dominican ghetto", you're saying it's "thug", you're basically saying only poor minorities wear their hat this way and we don't want that type of thing in the game. Gross.

Had you stuck with the uniform code angle, we wouldn't be having a problem. But you had some telling, intolerant phrases mixed in there that had no business being in there.

So its bigoted for one to approve of decency? And its bigoted for one to expect a professional to act professional?

Ok, got it.

I'm not calling you a bigot because you want him to conform to dress code (to which he's absolutely conforming, as clearly MLB has no issue with this style as of yet), I'm calling you a bigot because you are taking a fashion style and turning it into something far more sinister. You're saying it's from the "Dominican ghetto", you're saying it's "thug", you're basically saying only poor minorities wear their hat this way and we don't want that type of thing in the game. Gross.

Had you stuck with the uniform code angle, we wouldn't be having a problem. But you had some telling, intolerant phrases mixed in there that had no business being in there.

How is thug and ghetto have anything to do with being a bigot. I guess you don't know this but the Dominican Republic is one of the most violent places on earth. Their murder rate is higher than Sudan. Ghetto does not have anything to do with race. It has to do with a style that is popular in poor, violent, uneducated inner city locales. You are making it into race because you are bigoted. If Flaherty came out wearing his hat the same way I would call it ghetto as well. I never mentioned race one time. Adam Jones is my favorite Oriole. And I like Pedro Strop, I just don't like he wears his hat.

Archived