We made Kuroda an ace

MemorialStadKid

I will not get into the typical rants I've done in the past.

I will only say this: we do need a true MOO bat in order to get past guys we should have beaten.

Kuroda is solid, very solid, but we could have done a lot more than we did tonight. I am tired of watching the Orioles lose when we could have somehow scratched out a win with more patient at-bats and some small ball here and there.

Really, we should be like 9-3.

MSK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wieters and Hardy should be hitting 7th and 8th vs. RHP. I'd like to see Reimold moved up to the 6th slot with Flaherty or Casilla hitting in the 9th slot.

Interesting suggestion. I wonder what Buck's thought process is about when to play Casilla, whom I'd like to see more of because of his supposedly superior defense and his speed. Flaherty has more power, but I think we need greater variety in our offense--there's enough power elsewhere in the lineup.

What 3 games should we have won!!??!??

I maybe can only think of 1.

We can't hold onto leads and we can't get our starters to go into the late innings.

This has been an Orioles issue for the last decade. Our pitchers tend to throw way too many pitches against the opposition while our guys swing at everything, keeping the opposing pitcher fresh and he's able to go deep into ball games. Seeing Kuroda go til the end was just painful.

Something has got to give.

MSK

Interesting suggestion. I wonder what Buck's thought process is about when to play Casilla, whom I'd like to see more of because of his supposedly superior defense and his speed. Flaherty has more power, but I think we need greater variety in our offense--there's enough power elsewhere in the lineup.

Agree with you about Casilla. Flaherty is an easy out right now. I'd rather see more of Casilla at this point.

I'm sick and tired of the strike outs looking. Swing the fricking bat. I know Kuroda has a great running fastball vs. lefties but this is an epidemic with Orioles players (Andino was the WORST at it last year). Swing the bat. If you miss, its the same result right? You have ZERO chance of success if you don't swing at strike three.

We should have won the two Adam Jones error games, and the Chris Davis error in the 9th game.

No, we shouldn't have won those games because we didn't. If an ump screwed up a call I'd give that to you, but losing a game fair and square means you deserved to lose the game. There probably isn't a single baseball fan who doesn't think their team should have three more wins at this point.

Kuroda is an ace.

2010 Dodgers: 3.39 ERA, 196.1 IP, 4.1 WAR

2011 Dodgers: 3.07 ERA, 202 IP, 2.1 WAR

2012 Yankees: 3.32 ERA, 219.2 IP, 3.7 WAR

A career 3.44 ERA, 15.2 WAR in 5 seasons (averaging about 3 WAR A year). He was a guy I really hoped the O's would have went after in 2012 and again in 2013. Rock solid work horse with an arsenal of pitches, and great command.

Archived