Disappointed in attendance?

Pedro Cerrano

39,129 tonight. And orange and very loud!
The Yard was absolutely rocking tonight. Awesome crowd!

I said in the other thread, but the crowd really came across well on TV as well. The fans were amazing last night. Great job to whoever was there.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sick and tired of the Seven Nation Army chant. I hate it as a chant in general, but more over I'm sick of it. However, I will gladly admit that I turned the TV up upon hearing the crowd doing it last night in the midst of the rally. That's how awesome they sounded.

I'm sick and tired of the Seven Nation Army chant. I hate it as a chant in general, but more over I'm sick of it. However, I will gladly admit that I turned the TV up upon hearing the crowd doing it last night in the midst of the rally. That's how awesome they sounded.

It is getting old but when everyone is doing it, especially at the right time, it still gives me goosebumps.

I said in the other thread, but the crowd really came across well on TV as well. The fans were amazing last night. Great job to whoever was there.

Well thank you! :P

The gf and I got there at 615 but took an hour to find parking. When we walked up to ticket sales we could only get seats in the 360s, still good seats though. The crowd was absolutely awesome, especially during the 7th inning. I've never had so much fun at a game. It was fun to watch the place go nuts on the home runs and the save.

A friend of mine called at about 3:30 p.m. to see if I wanted to go to the game because it was Chris Davis T-Shirt night. I was on the fence because I have tickets for tonight's game, but decided to go because it's the first real summer-like day we've had for a home game. Baseball weather!

Anyway, I called my rep and scored tickets in Section 60, Row 11 - great seats.

To say the crowd was unbelievable and awesome would be an understatement. It was packed from beginning to end. We had a couple of Natinals fans sitting in front of us who were gloating until the 7th. They left after the top of the 8th. 8-)

Totally random that the crowd was so great for a Wednesday night Nats game. By far the best game of the year so far - it even outdid Opening Day.

Another note -I saw two cops taking a girl out of the stadium in handcuffs. She looked to be about 18 years old and was obviously waaaaay wasted. She couldn't even stand up and was still attempting, pathetically, to resist the cops as she was herded out of the stadium. That's the first time I've seen someone cuffed at OPACY.

30,665 tonight.

Tomorrow's game will be a sellout.

Still some seats available but very few. Upper deck gone. Some singles in the lower deck. About 500 in the club section. Plenty of seats for Saturday and Sunday. Still should have over 43,000 tonight and over 32,000 for the next two games. Perhaps more over the weekend. Still very hot.

I was surprised at the amount of 18-25 year olds at the game last night, granted the two of us also fit into that category.

I have nothing to support this except my own observations but the core fan base at O's home games over the past 5+ years has been comprised of people in that age group (maybe expanded to 18 - 30). It is the "older" crowd that was largely absent during the tail end of the losing who stayed away in greater numbers and starting to come back bit by bit. I am not sure there is any significance to that and I imagine many baseball fan bases skew the same way (ie. it is generally easier for young adults with fewer commitments to attend games especially during the week), just pointing it out.

Also Nats draw huge crowds but if you notice it usually 60/40 (Nats fans/Other teams fans). It sucks for the team. I mean, everyone I know cheers for the Nats (but me), except for when their hometown team comes to play, then they cheer for them. The Nats are a secondary team to so many

Makes sense. DC is such a migrant area. Sterile, culture-less.

The Nationals might have issues with its fanbase, but that doesn't make DC sterile and culture-less.

Yeah, that's a pretty ridiculous statement. I'll say something else: DC is not as much of a migrant town as people think. It used to be, but not everybody here is a politian or someone who works for one. I've lived here my whole life.

Yeah, that's a pretty ridiculous statement. I'll say something else: DC is not as much of a migrant town as people think. It used to be, but not everybody here is a politian or someone who works for one. I've lived here my whole life.

You don't have to be a politician or work for one to make it a migrant town.

You've lived in DC your entire life, you are probably very rare.

I've been down here for 13 years now, my entire friends group consist of people from other towns, no one is born and raised in DC.

DC is a migrant town. Just like San Diego, Florida. Most people are not born and raised there, they move there from other cities. And will support their hometown city first and foremost, and then the Nats.

Archived