Do they get tonight's game in?

DuffMan

Ok, so $20 (2 beers) later I'm home, but I did win a free Maryland Lottery t-shirt so all was not lost :clap3:

So, you spent money on a ticket for a game that was canceled, spent $20 on two beers and all you got was a t-shirt? That must be one good looking t-shirt. :thumbsup1:

But I am curious, I don't go to games much and we have rainouts here even less. What's the policy for this?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, so $20 (2 beers) later I'm home, but I did win a free Maryland Lottery t-shirt so all was not lost :clap3:

Not that I like giving credit to the Yankees and the Steinbrenners, but 2 years ago when the Orioles played the Yankees in very cold weather at Yankee Stadium in April, everybody at that game got a free ticket to any future game of your choice (except for the Mets, the Red Sox, and Old-Timer's Day), simply because we endured sitting through a very cold game.

The game went the full 9 innings with no delays, the Steinbrenner's just felt bad for the fans for having to watch a game in freezing cold weather.

I got a free game out of it. :cool:

Bad timing. I literally got the alert on my phone that the game was going to be delayed as I was going through the gate into OPACY. Argh. Although I had a great time drinking in Dempsey's for the duration of the delay (and subsequent ppd), but the bar tab would have been a whole lot less had I got the delay alert literally 1 minute quicker before we went inside.

Also, what's up where I read that Buck 'anticipated' a rainout on Friday. That's messed up that they did not call the game as soon as it was apparent it was going to rain a significant amount on

Friday.

Archived