Crush Davis is hurt

weams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can make do with Flaherhty/Reimold platoon at first for a few games.

But if Davis goes to the DL, I'm seriously considering one of the following:

Norfolk:

Canzler OPS is currently .912

Valencia OPS is currently .901

Bowie:

Caleb Joseph has been playing 1B and his OPS is 1.001!

We have these guys and should use them if Davis goes to the DL.

Well, this was the scenario that concerned me most when we decided not to spend $6 mm in Reynolds. It's great to hypothesize that we don't need him because we have Davis at 1B and Betemit/Reimold at DH, but all it takes is 1-2 injuries and now we risk a drastic offensive drop-off.

No point in worrying about what's done. I think Davis' post game comments are whistling past the graveyard, but we'll see. A couple of players will need to step things up now. The replacement at 1B doesn't have to carry the whole load; other guys who have underperformed so far this year need to get their bats in gear.

I completely agree with all of this. My point of contention was about the people complaining that if Manny goes down, we have nobody to replace his production, same for Davis, BRob, Hardy, etc. No team can replace a their most productive or valuable players with AAA depth, and it seems the FO is getting flack for not having stars waiting in AAA to step right in and replace the production.

Not ashamed to pile on here.

Reynolds.

Not ashamed to tell you. He would be cold as ice as we would have platooned him with Betemit. Who would not have gotten injured if we had offered Mark arbitration. Glad he's doing well. And I am not as smart as Dan Duquette.

I completely agree with all of this. My point of contention was about the people complaining that if Manny goes down, we have nobody to replace his production, same for Davis, BRob, Hardy, etc. No team can replace a their most productive or valuable players with AAA depth, and it seems the FO is getting flack for not having stars waiting in AAA to step right in and replace the production.

Only the Yankees can pull that off. It's not like you can stash that kind of guy until you need them

So the MRI is scheduled for today, when do you think we will hear something? Really hope this is nothing serious. Losing Davis will be such a shame for both him and the team. Get well soon Christ Davis.

You need to post a thread I think. Something about Vegas?

So the MRI is scheduled for today, when do you think we will hear something? Really hope this is nothing serious. Losing Davis will be such a shame for both him and the team. Get well soon Christ Davis.

Its only 0820 in California, probably a couple hours.

Archived