VOTE for the Uniform! ESPN official Uni Tournament

isestrex

Represent the colors and logos you wear every trip to the ballpark and vote in ESPN's "Battle of the Baseball Uni's"

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9232494/battle-mlb-uniforms

Just a note... highly revered Uni-Watch expert, Paul Lukas, likes the return of the cartoon bird, is "meh" on the overall jersey and "Orioles" script, and greatly dislikes the white panel hat.

But he's not involved in this one as it's purely fan voting.

1st Matchup:

4. Houston (their new jersey)

13. Orioles

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be surprised if the 13 seed was purposeful on ESPN's part. Get the (albeit negative) attention of a rabid fanbase while setting up the 'Cinderella' team to go far in this 'tournament.'

Everyone knows the cartoon bird reigns supreme.

They must be getting that good crack down at ESPN headquarters. White panel cartoon bird is a bad look?? Is this why I keep seeing it everywhere I go in LA being worn as fashion??? O uni's gotta be in the top 10 at least!

I like the Indians unis better than the Yanks to be honest.This is going to be nothing more than a popularity contest.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 13 seed was purposeful on ESPN's part. Get the (albeit negative) attention of a rabid fanbase while setting up the 'Cinderella' team to go far in this 'tournament.'

Everyone knows the cartoon bird reigns supreme.

If you ever read Paul Lukas' blog you would know that he can be anal-retentive when it comes to uniforms. Sometimes it comes down to the socks, other times it's the color of the facemask on a football helmet, but these things can disturb his heightened sartorial senses. Case in point, this is what he said about the O's prior uniform change.
The new bird: Not exactly an earthshaking overhaul, and it’s tempting to just say, “Ah, they’re more or less the same, pass the popcorn,” but there are actually two things about the new bird that bug me: (1) The new gray beak is a decided downgrade from the old pale-ochre beak (and no, I’m not just looking for an excuse to say “ochre,” although that is a nice bonus); and (2) the new feet look fine when they’re perched on something, but they look incongruous when the bird is just perched on nothing, which is why the new cap doesn’t look as good as the old cap. So is it good or is it stupid? Stupid.
source - uni-watch

The funny thing, when the new uniform was unveiled, Lukas loved the new home cap.

The new home cap: Love it. Wouldn't want every team to go with the multi-colored panel look, but this one totally works. Very good.
source - uni-watch

Caple, on the other hand, hated it, and he was the one who did the A.L. rankings.

17. Orioles: The good news is that the cartoon bird logo is back on the caps. The bad news is it will often be attached to a white-paneled abomination taken from either the late 1970s or a John Deere catalogue.
source - ESPN

At the time, Caple had it ranked 9th in the league ahead of Texas, Oakland, Seattle, Tampa, and Cleveland, so at least he's consistent...or not ;)

I have to admit, as cool as our unis and cartoon bird are... Didn't Houston go back to the multi-colored vintage unis? They were pretty cool! Surprised we beat them so easily.

Anyways, voted again. 12317 votes now.

Archived