VOTE for the Uniform! ESPN official Uni Tournament

isestrex

Vote Oakland and Chicago because you know ESPN is salivating over a NY-Boston matchup in the next round.

Salivating over this, you think?

I can't even get up the interest to click the link and vote. Though I did come in this thread I guess so I can't say much!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Represent the colors and logos you wear every trip to the ballpark and vote in ESPN's "Battle of the Baseball Uni's"

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9232494/battle-mlb-uniforms

Just a note... highly revered Uni-Watch expert, Paul Lukas, likes the return of the cartoon bird, is "meh" on the overall jersey and "Orioles" script, and greatly dislikes the white panel hat.

But he's not involved in this one as it's purely fan voting.

Revered

To regard with awe, deference, and devotion.

Paul Lukas is revered in his dreams. He has a web site dedicated to uniforms which is fine, no problem with that. However, he tries to impart his political correctness onto people by trying to shame the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, and Washington Redskins to name a few. While I love the Baltimore Orioles, I have to say the Atlanta Braves war chant is one of the best in all of sports.

As for the white panel Orioles hat, only the LA Dodgers, New York Yankees, and Boston Red Sox caps are better sellers. Me I could care less what Paul Lucas and his cronnies think of said cap.

Recently, New Era came out with white panel caps for major teams. These caps sold out in short order; further, many of the new batting practice caps came out with the white or muti-color front panals.

I would say that Baltimore is setting a trend with their new home caps; Even I was surprised to see the white panel cap out sell the road cap. I say let Paul Luckas kiss ist.

revered, hardly

Revered

Does this sound like Paul Lukas. Me thinks not.

Represent the colors and logos you wear every trip to the ballpark and vote in ESPN's "Battle of the Baseball Uni's"

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9232494/battle-mlb-uniforms

Just a note... highly revered Uni-Watch expert' date=' Paul Lukas, likes the return of the cartoon bird, is "meh" on the overall jersey and "Orioles" script, and greatly dislikes the white panel hat.

But he's not involved in this one as it's purely fan voting.

Revered

Paul Lukas is revered in his dreams. He has a web site dedicated to uniforms which is fine, no problem with that. However, he tries to impart his political correctness onto people by trying to shame the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians, and Washington Redskins to name a few. While I love the Baltimore Orioles, I have to say the Atlanta Braves war chant is one of the best in all of sports.

As for the white panel Orioles hat, only the LA Dodgers, New York Yankees, and Boston Red Sox caps are better sellers. Me I could care less what Paul Lucas and his cronnies think of said cap.

Recently, New Era came out with white panel caps for major teams. These caps sold out in short order; further, many of the new batting practice caps came out with the white or muti-color front panals.

I would say that Baltimore is setting a trend with their new home caps; Even I was surprised to see the white panel cap out sell the road cap. I say let Paul Luckas kiss ist.

revered, hardly

Revered

Does this sound like Paul Lukas. Me thinks not.[/quote']

Y'know, when you rattle off huffy diatribes about "political correctness", you don't come off as any less self-righteous or annoying as people like Lukas.

Y'know' date=' when you rattle off huffy diatribes about "political correctness", you don't come off as any less self-righteous or annoying as people like Lukas.[/quote']

Certainly no diatribe from me. Just happen to be a guy that knows about caps and such. How you got self-righteous out of my comments is beyond me. I just pointed out Lukas was no more of an authority than me or any one else on this board.

If I go on a diatribe you will know it. If you have a question about caps, I'm the man to ask.

As far as political correctness, I made a statement that the brave chant at Atlanta was the best in baseball. I happen to have been there in person on a few occasions. How about you? I can say with conviction, I don't think those people mean it in a derogatory manner.

I'll let you know when I get huffy and self-righteous, now is not one of those times. But Lukas still sucks! Sorry.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 13 seed was purposeful on ESPN's part. Get the (albeit negative) attention of a rabid fanbase while setting up the 'Cinderella' team to go far in this 'tournament.'

Everyone knows the cartoon bird reigns supreme.

That isn't the only matchup of teams with old-school classic looks, though. The No. 1-seeded Tigers, who still are dressed roughly the way they were when Al Kaline was in right field, take on the Cinderellas of the bracket, the No. 13-seeded Orioles, who handily beat the Royals.

ESPN is rather trite.

That being said, VOTE! The Tigers are nothing.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/9275345/quarterfinal-round

Gotta admit that the Detroit Tigers uniform is my favorite uniform in all of professional sports... Made it a little harder when I voted for the Orioles.:thumbsup1:

Personally, I think our current unis are w/o question Top 10 (and arguably Top 5)- along with (in no particular order) the aforementioned Tigers, MFY's (sue me), Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals, Braves and Athletics. I also have the Blue Jays as a personal favorite. Whatever the case- the 13th seed in the AL was an absolute joke- as was the Braves' seeding (i.e. facing the Cardinals in Round 2).

Also- I have to come clean and admit that I actually like the Marlins uniforms. Certainly NOT Top 10 material- but I have 'em in my top half. They probably wouldn't work for any other franchise- but they somehow work for Miami for me. Maybe it's time to quit drinking...:cool:

Archived