2013 Orioles 1st Round Draft Pick - Hunter Harvey - RHP - Bandys HS, NC

Gotta think he'll start in the GCL but could move to Aberdeen if dominates like Hader did last year.

I thought Hader started in Aberdeen. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as he signs quickly and gets some innings, but more importantly gets instruction.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, watch this, it's really good. There is a side by side with Gausman and they are twins.

Also notice how quick the one breaking ball snaps, and 2 seam action on the fastball. Mechanics are nearly identical to gausman.

Give him a couple years to get some experience and donuts, and see where hes at.

Listening to him on TV, there's no way he doesn't sign. This kid hates school. I don't think he's a rocket scientist. Hopefully he's smart enough to learn how to get major league hitters out.

First thing I thought of when I heard him interviewed was Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh! :D

Listening to him on TV, there's no way he doesn't sign. This kid hates school. I don't think he's a rocket scientist. Hopefully he's smart enough to learn how to get major league hitters out.

Some kids just don't like school and he seems like one of them. It doesn't necessarily mean he's not a smart enough guy to succeed in the majors. This quote from the Charlotte Observer probably explains his opinion on school better:

"It's not that I'm not good at school, it's that I'd rather be somewhere else," Hunter said. "If they had a baseball class, I feel like I'd be really good at that. It's all I ever talk about. It's my life."

"I never really cared much about any other thing."

Some kids just don't like school and he seems like one of them. It doesn't necessarily mean he's not a smart enough guy to succeed in the majors. This quote from the Charlotte Observer probably explains his opinion on school better:

"It's not that I'm not good at school, it's that I'd rather be somewhere else," Hunter said. "If they had a baseball class, I feel like I'd be really good at that. It's all I ever talk about. It's my life."

"I never really cared much about any other thing."

Sounds like my kinda guy! :D All signs point to an easy sign. I have no idea if he'll be at or slightly under slot, but it sounds like he just can't wait to get his pro career started. I hope that's the case...

Archived