2013 Orioles 1st Round Draft Pick - Hunter Harvey - RHP - Bandys HS, NC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this pick! This was the guy I wanted if they went pitcher at 21; he's already got two plus pitches (FB, CB), three if you count the change that reportedly is also very good but which he hasn't had to use against the lesser competition he faced in HS. He'll fill out and has been taught how to pitch the right way by his father. He's also been around pro baseball all his life, so he'll know how to handle himself.

Wouldn't have been sad if they'd gone after Stanek either (went 29 to Rays).

Seems like a pretty good pick, I like what I've read on here.

Sounds like there's a good chance he'll sign right away and get some good time in the system this summer?

EDIT: Should have read Tony's OP all the way through :D

Don't like his motion, kinda throws across his body and falls off to first base. Tells me he probably has a few mph that he can generate towards home plate.

22. Baltimore Orioles: Hunter Harvey | RHP, Bandys HS (Catawba, N.C.)

There's no question about Harvey's signability -- he didn't even bother committing to a college -- and there's no doubt that he has top of the rotation potential as well. Like Anderson, the results weren't as good towards\ the end of the year, and many scouts believe he's going to be a reliever because of the arm action and lack of a third quality offering. That being said, Harvey is now the Orioles' best pitching prospect behind Dylan Bundy, and with those two and Kevin Gausman, the Orioles could have a very scary rotation in 2016

source - ESPN Insider

I've read a few times that he's now our best pitching prospect behind Bundy. He's ahead of Ed Rod and Hader?

Yep. Callis had our big board of top prospects up after the pick and dropped him in at #5 behind Bundy, Gausman, Schoop and Delmonico.

I've read a few times that he's now our best pitching prospect behind Bundy. He's ahead of Ed Rod and Hader?

I'd have to see him first or see how he does this summer, but chances are he'll be the next best pitching prospect. We still have some time before having to make that call and I still want to see Hader and Rodriguez this summer.

Yep. Callis had our big board of top prospects up after the pick and dropped him in at #5 behind Bundy, Gausman, Schoop and Delmonico.

That board had LJ Hoes and Xavier Avery still on it. Take that with a grain of salt.

That board had LJ Hoes and Xavier Avery still on it. Take that with a grain of salt.

True, it was the preseason rankings, but he sounded confident that he would be right in there behind Bundy, in terms of pitching prospects. Who knows though, it is a inexact science. :)

• 1 month later...

Archived