2013 Orioles 1st Round Draft Pick - Hunter Harvey - RHP - Bandys HS, NC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kinda worried about drafting a guy for his signability after Hobgood. At least his scouting reports sound good.

Just because he's very signable doesn't mean he was drafted for his signability. Seems like this is about where some "experts" thought he would go. doesn't seem like a reach to me.

Kinda worried about drafting a guy for his signability after Hobgood. At least his scouting reports sound good.

He was rated right where he was picked. There's no indication that we drafted him for signability other than his lack of committment to a college which, as others have stated, could easily change to a JuCo committment if he feels dissed in negotiations.

He is far from just a signability guy. That is definitely a bonus, but he went around where he should have. This is not a Hobgood situation.

Just because he's very signable doesn't mean he was drafted for his signability. Seems like this is about where some "experts" thought he would go. doesn't seem like a reach to me.

With regard to Hobgood comparison's, I like that he's project-able vs. being 'what you see is what you get'.

Archived