2013 Orioles CB round draft pick A - Josh Hart - CF - Parkview HS - Georgia

Josh Hart - CF - Parkview HS - Georgia

6'1"/190

Scouting Video

Hit .434 (46-106), 7 2B, 5 3B, 5 HR, 17 BB, 13 K, 21 for 23 SB.

Gary Rajsich:

"He was also on our list of five to seven guys that we would have taken with our first pick had Harvey not been there. So obviously we are thrilled. We had both of those guys high on our boards. And to get both of them with our first two picks, we are really ecstatic about it. (Hart) is a dynamic player; he is a middle of the field player. He has a really good chance to stay in center field. He has five tools now, presently, so you don’t have to project. It’s just a matter of time and playing that he gets bigger and stronger and is ready to go."

Tony's Initial Take: Comps are all over the place with this guy but you have to hope the comps that include a little power are closer to being right. In his scouting video I'm not a fan of the movement of his wrists back and forth during his load. This leads to inconsistency with the load and will need to be quieted down. Seems to want to pull everything as well. Bat speed looks pretty good overall, but his swing looks like it can get long at times. Just based off some of these observations it would not surprise me if he has some contact issues. Hard to tell defensively from the video's but reports are varied. Supposedly has 70 speed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't like taking guys without much power this high. Hart thinks he'll have some pop. I hope so. He looks a lot stronger than the X man did when we signed him. Rasjich going HS!!!

Looks like he's reloading the lower minor leagues. Not many hitting prospects down there below High-A.

Looks like we're trying to build a system here. Two HS high upside players with the first pick. We could certainly do a lot worse than a Ben Revere -> Denard Span profile with a pick we essentially got for free.

Archived