McClouth vs. Guy in the 1st Row: A Fan ruins an out.

srock

I was glad that McClouth only made a quick gesture about it and gave the deathglare. I believe that the reason the Cubs started to fold in epic fashion after the Bartman incident is because Moises Alou absolutely lost his shiz over it. He made such a big deal over the incident that I'm sure even the most level headed of his teammates also felt the anger and frustration. Of course, we'll never know how it would have played out had Alou never had a shot at the ball, or if Bartman had given him room, but foul balls are hit all the time, and they don't lead to meltdowns. I put more blame on Alou there than Bartman, though at the same time, DUDE. Get outta the way!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually think the TV networks need to stop showing a guy like that after a play like that--ESPN showed the guy a good long time even a few minutes after it had happened. Our society doesn't need any more Bartman incidents, where a whole town turns against one poor dude. Still, a smart fan gets out of the way when a play is possible, especially at home.

Finally, it never ceases to amaze me how little attention some people pay to the game. On TV, I see people looking down at cellphones all the time as play is going on--and it bugs me. I don't live within a a thousand miles of Camden Yards, so I don't know if or when I'll ever see the O's play in person. Yet on TV I see a bunch of people sometimes acting as if there's any place they'd rather be than the best ballpark in the world. Watching my favorite team. With tremendous young talent on the field. In a possibly historic season. Yet they can't be bothered to pay attention to the game.

I don't think some people know how lucky they are to be able to see the O's in person whenever they want. OK, rant over.

I know, I hate it when that happens!

1004432_10151709944371068_1484141404_n.jpg[/img]

Ok guy who would not get out of the way :scratchchinhmm:

I have no idea if the mystery orange shirt man is a poster here. I hope of anyone who has read this is ever in this situation, that they will do all they can to help the team.

And BTW, you own front seat tickets, please do not sell them to the competition on Stubhub.

As someone that has Sunday Season tickets there I can't tell you how much it bugs me to see opposing fans there. It's really frustrating...there must have been 30 Yankees fans in the first 5 rows of our section.

As someone that has Sunday Season tickets there I can't tell you how much it bugs me to see opposing fans there. It's really frustrating...there must have been 30 Yankees fans in the first 5 rows of our section.

If you constantly like having to lean forward and look to the right to watch the game, they are the seats for you!

Okay. Maybe you missed that I am sorry and I meant no harm to you. I was just

we are human and make mistakes. I guess I am one of those fans that don't pay

constant attention. If you are then more power to you my friend. Well drink a beer

it will help you forget about me and my irritating way to you.

In my opinion then you should not sit in the first couple of rows or anywhere a foul ball goes screaming into the stands.

I was there and from my season seats (Upper Box section 330 behind home plate, first row) had no idea the ball was so playable until my friend texted me what happened. Let's not forget, the batter ended up walking. That would've been a huge out. No harm, no foul (ha) as it turned out, but that could've been huge. I don't blame the guy that much, because I can't say what I would've done in that situation. Actually, I know what I would've done. Ducked and put my hands over my head. :D

That said, in my seats, we hardly ever get foul balls. Most foul balls don't go arcing directly back, it's either to the right or left of us. We had one come our way in April, and the guy 3 seats to the left of me practically maimed his 13-year-old son trying to get it. He literally dove into the kid's legs and over him to try to catch it. He was totally out of control and it scared the crap out of me. Mind you, we are in the FIRST ROW OF THE UPPER DECK. Total idiot. Luckily, the friends we went with weren't in their seats at the time or he probably would've landed on them. Anyway, the ball bounced off of him and right into my hand. The kid didn't want the ball, he seemed completely embarrassed by his dad, so I kept it. 30+ years of going to games, my only foul ball, off the bat of JJ Hardy. That's the only way I'll ever catch one, though, on a bounce. I'm not breaking a finger for a $10 ball.

Archived