McClouth vs. Guy in the 1st Row: A Fan ruins an out.

srock

So nobody here is going to admit that they, in the same situation, would probably do the same thing that guy did?
Yeah, I mean... when you're in the stands and a ball is hit up in the air, it's pretty hard to think logically when it's coming right at you. Not to mention there's little chance the guy even saw that McLouth was trying to make the play. Still, I would like to think I'd have a little more situational awareness, but I recognize that it's tough.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I mean... when you're in the stands and a ball is hit up in the air, it's pretty hard to think logically when it's coming right at you. Not to mention there's little chance the guy even saw that McLouth was trying to make the play. Still, I would like to think I'd have a little more situational awareness, but I recognize that it's tough.

I respect this point of view

So nobody here is going to admit that they, in the same situation, would probably do the same thing that guy did?
I pay attention to the game. In that situation I want to see them get an out. If it was a Yankee I'd go for it

If you're sitting in the first few rows in foul/HR territory you have to put yourself in a mindset to not think like this. Honestly, teams should have ushers or security guards go around the stadium before the game to remind these people that their seats = no souvenirs.

If you're sitting in the first few rows in foul/HR territory you have to put yourself in a mindset to not think like this. Honestly, teams should have ushers or security guards go around the stadium before the game to remind these people that their seats = no souvenirs.

No, you can grab a souvenir in those seats, just not in a circumstance where it will hurt your team. I just view it as common courtesy and common sense.

No it's not me but I'm telling you right now if a ball's coming straight at me I going to try to catch it. That's just instinct. You can tell me all you want you would back off and be aware of the situation and all that. Maybe a few of you would but I'm guessing most would do the same thing that guy did. And if I ever catch a home run I'm not throwing it back I don't care who hit it.

No it's not me but I'm telling you right now if a ball's coming straight at me I going to try to catch it. That's just instinct. You can tell me all you want you would back off and be aware of the situation and all that. Maybe a few of you would but I'm guessing most would do the same thing that guy did. And if I ever catch a home run I'm not throwing it back I don't care who hit it.

If you sit in the first row and a pop up is coming your way, and the Orioles are in the field and a player is coming close, you get the hell out of the way. If not, you are not only a bad fan, but you have poor awareness. You either are one of those grown men that will trample a child to get to a ball or you really don't understand the difference between being aware of the game and surroundings versus getting a damn souvenir.

For the life of me I can't understand the fascination by some people in getting a foul ball. Some people go after them like they worth a million dollars. Who gives a crap. No one is going to be impressed by the foul ball you caught off some random major league ball players bat.

If you sit in the first row and a pop up is coming your way, and the Orioles are in the field and a player is coming close, you get the hell out of the way. If not, you are not only a bad fan, but you have poor awareness. You either are one of those grown men that will trample a child to get to a ball or you really don't understand the difference between being aware of the game and surroundings versus getting a damn souvenir.

For the life of me I can't understand the fascination by some people in getting a foul ball. Some people go after them like they worth a million dollars. Who gives a crap. No one is going to be impressed by the foul ball you caught off some random major league ball players bat.

True, but it happens at every single MLB here and in Canada.

Spot on Tony. Sadly, these people don't realize they look like idiots. Can't you buy a game used baseball at the stadium? I will never understand adults fighting for a ball or pushing their way through a crowd of 9 year olds to get an autograph.

I would not throw it back either. Thats for Wrigley anyway.

For one, I'm going to know that l'm in the first row and need to get out of the way (or in the why if the other team's fielder is after it). I put a few seconds of thought into what might happen with this seat so it's not a surprise later.

If I'm paying attention in that situation and I see it's going to land my seat, I would shout "right here ," and I would vacate somewhere. Of course, I might not be paying attention when the play starts, in which case, who knows. But Captain Foulball saw it coming the whole way. Really no excuse for him.

I remember when I was at game during BP and a player threw up a ball to me and I moved out of the way so a kid could get it. And some guy came up to me and said why didn't I go for the ball (Like I was some sort of idiot) and I was like what is catching a ball going to mean to me? I am sure to the kid it will be a great memory.

But a for the Nate Mclouth thing the ball was in the stands. So who knew that Nate would even get over there? I don't blame the guy for going for the ball as he wasn't reaching into the stands fo i.t

Of course is really hard for a fan not try and catch a foul ball the basically lands on top of them and yes anyone of use, depending on beer intake, could do the same thing.

But that doesn't make it right.

Guy made a bad fan play.

The good fan play is basically boxing out the entire area so McClouth has the best chance at it. It's not any easy play for your average fan. But this was an rare opportunity for a fan to be a hero in a game.

Fan fail!

I saw the play. The fan lost his tablet, beer, and food because he had great seats. The fan should have ran up into the stands and waited for Nate to make a spectacular catch and signaled the for the fan to come back or better yet the fan should have boxed out all the other fans. Great seats just a bad spot to be in...

Archived