vs. BLUE JAYS, 7/14

OFFNY

I have more issues with trying to use Hunter in multiple innings. He hasn't fared well. If it's not a save situation play matchups.

I am just about tired of it.

I like the idea of Hunter being able to go two innings but I don't think he can do that and pitch as many appearances as they are attempting.

They need to decide on which guy they want him to be.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am just about tired of it.

I like the idea of Hunter being able to go two innings but I don't think he can do that and pitch as many appearances as they are attempting.

They need to decide on which guy they want him to be.

Yeah, I'm with you there. Though it shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for a converted starter to handle 2 innings with that kind of a lead. But its becoming really obvious that Hunter, as a reliever, is only a one inning kinda guy.

That I would be fine with.

However if that was their thinking then I think he would have brought back a better return last season.

I agree, but with his likely cost, maybe one of the big spenders like Detroit would give up a good MiL bat.

Yeah, I'm with you there. Though it shouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for a converted starter to handle 2 innings with that kind of a lead. But its becoming really obvious that Hunter, as a reliever, is only a one inning kinda guy.

He was doing it last season so I think he can do it. Just if he is going to go two innings a shot then you can't use him more then 2-3 times a week.

Archived