MLB Trade Rumors latest 2014 Free Agent List.

Redskins Rick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/2014-free-agent-power-rankings.html

Lots of names on this list.

But, is there any that would be a good fit for here?

Besides either of the TORs listed?

Well, the team desperately needs a competent second baseman... but it's no secret that Cano isn't any kind of a fit here, mainly $$$ wise.

Ellsbury's expensive and has had injury issues in the past, but we could use a regular leadoff man.

Choo or Pence could fill the impending hole in LF, as well.

That said, I don't really expect the O's to be in on any of the guys above.

I'm a big Chris Capuano fan. He's a good lefty with a high GB% which suits this team perfectly.

I'll be on the Koji bandwagon all offseason again as well. He's a better pitcher than anybody in the Orioles bullpen at the moment.

Choo is such an outstanding hitter that I could easily stomach his horrible defense in LF if that's what it took. But I like Nate McLouth and I bet he's back in LF for the next 2 years.

As for DH, I'd offer Morales, Morse, Hart, and Napoli lucrative 1 year contracts to be our DH and see if anyone bites. Otherwise, I'd bring Betemit back.

Ellsbury would be a nice consolation prize if they can't resign McLouth. Of course it wouldn't even make sense that if they can't afford Nate that they could sign Ellsbury. I can't see them signing any of them.

Scott Feldman

Jason Hammel

Jim Johnson

Nate McLouth

Brian Roberts

Francisco Rodriguez

Tsuyoshi Wada

They also have some of these guys to work on as well.

Ellsbury would be a nice consolation prize if they can't resign McLouth. Of course it wouldn't even make sense that if they can't afford Nate that they could sign Ellsbury. I can't see them signing any of them.

Scott Feldman

Jason Hammel

Jim Johnson

Nate McLouth

Brian Roberts

Francisco Rodriguez

Tsuyoshi Wada

If DD is to be believed, which at this point, I believe he should be.

He said their #1 priority was to resign their own, before going out on the Market.

Scott Feldman

Jason Hammel

Jim Johnson

Nate McLouth

Brian Roberts

Francisco Rodriguez

Tsuyoshi Wada

Basically the only player I might want back. Great on-base skills, speed (not lately though), some pop, passable defense. My ideal table-setter.

Choo would look real good in left or at DH.

The onlu problem with Choo is he is a platoon player his numbers vs lefties are awful and I mean awful. I love his OBP but with this team already struggling vs lefties I don't really want another guy that can't hit or even should play vs them.

I really like Hunter Pence he is a very good player and the same age as Nate. He also is right handed which is something that puts me off on Nate on this team. Hunter hits lefties well and would help balance the lineup and he is decent vs righties as well. He will give you .275 20-25 homers steel about 10-15 bags and play solid defense. If you look at our team we have Nick, Chris, Urrieta, as lefties and the main guys in the middle right handed don't hit lefties as good as the due righties. A lineup like this would look nice.

RF Markakis

3B Manny

1b Davis

cf Jones

lf Pence

C Wieters

ss Hardy

DH urrieta

2b Flaherty/schoop

I really like Hunter Pence he is a very good player and the same age as Nate. He also is right handed which is something that puts me off on Nate on this team. Hunter hits lefties well and would help balance the lineup and he is decent vs righties as well. He will give you .275 20-25 homers steel about 10-15 bags and play solid defense. If you look at our team we have Nick, Chris, Urrieta, as lefties and the main guys in the middle right handed don't hit lefties as good as the due righties. A lineup like this would look nice.

RF Markakis

3B Manny

1b Davis

cf Jones

lf Pence

C Wieters

ss Hardy

DH urrieta

2b Flaherty/schoop

I like your lineup.

Archived