AJ had banana thrown at him today

SilentJames

Dude! You have one more post till you reach 20,000!!! Congrats!

Thanks, I would have completely missed it. Shame it needs to be in this thread.

So banjo = Appalachian?

So you don't think the poster was making a reference to the stereotypical southern, hillbilly racist from Deliverance?

You think he was alluding to Winston Marshall?

I am not from the deep south but it bugs me that folks still causally throw insults their way.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a day. Seems like some get offended over things that is not worth a hill

of beans. Sorry but if someone is looking to be offended then they usually are.

What happened to AJ in San Fran by that fan is just QUOTE]

stupid. Racism comes in all shapes and sizes and from all over the world. Now

back to baseball. What a great game that must have been. Wish I could have seen

it. How did Norris do?

So you don't think the poster was making a reference to the stereotypical southern, hillbilly racist from Deliverance?

I am not from the deep south but it bugs me that folks still causally throw insults their way.

It bugs me that reality television has created a thriving cottage industry out of ridiculing southern culture, so idle comments based on stereotypes come as no surprise to me anymore. Personally I think there was still a lot of mileage left in bashing North Korea.

In other news, this is one of the most bizarrely entertaining threads I've seen in a long time.

Yeah, I don't know. Why did this thread immediately turn to the racial viewpoint? It very well could have been "I'm mad at that guy for beating us! I'm going to throw something at him! What do I have on hand!? This banana won't hurt if I hit him anyway! I'll chuck it!".

It could have been just like that and the person throwing it didn't even think of the connotation.

Yeah, I don't know. Why did this thread immediately turn to the racial viewpoint? It very well could have been "I'm mad at that guy for beating us! I'm going to throw something at him! What do I have on hand!? This banana won't hurt if I hit him anyway! I'll chuck it!".

It could have been just like that and the person throwing it didn't even think of the connotation.

This is all very true. But, who takes a banana to a baseball game or even buys one at a game? Do they even sell them at the concession stands? I can't remember ever being at Camden Yards and watching someone eat a banana.

I wouldn't say "casually," but is happening more frequently. Just watch one show of PTI on ESPN.

Yes.

And if it happened in the bottom of the 8th inning as I suggested that it may have in a previous post, that would completely make sense.

I remember when Jim Rice had a golf ball thrown at him when he caught a ball in the outfield at Shea Stadium in Game Two of the 1986 World Series. At the time, the Red Sox were leading the game by a score of 9-3, and it was the bottom of the 9th inning.

This is all very true. But, who takes a banana to a baseball game or even buys one at a game? Do they even sell them at the concession stands?

Off of the top of my head I'd say someone who likes them(bleeck). Or maybe someone with a blood pressure problem.

What a day. Seems like some get offended over things that is not worth a hill

of beans. Sorry but if someone is looking to be offended then they usually are.

What happened to AJ in San Fran by that fan is just sti

That's a good statement......FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Archived