Orioles to send playoff ticket invoices to season ticket holders on Friday.

Greg

I do not have season tickets, and last year, I was able to purchase playoff tickets, sadly for games that never happen.

But, I though they were pretty quick for my three game refund, they were all separate invoices, and two was done by 3 days and for some reason, one took 5 days. Each invoice was for 4 tickets.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not have season tickets, and last year, I was able to purchase playoff tickets, sadly for games that never happen.

But, I though they were pretty quick for my three game refund, they were all separate invoices, and two was done by 3 days and for some reason, one took 5 days. Each invoice was for 4 tickets.

I think individual games is a little different than how they are running this.

I'm pretty sure the "scam" is perpetrated by every team in MLB. I gladly paid my invoice today. I never dreamed of even seeing such an invoice for the first ten years I was a season ticket holder (2003-2012).

The Orioles have produced what I always asked for during the lean years: meaningful August and September baseball.

I assume you are planning on getting season tickets for next year? I am planning on not so I guess that would be the difference about how we feel about things.

You guys laugh, but if they're mailed Friday, you'll probably get yours on Saturday or Monday. Let's say by Monday they've won 3 of 4. What then? Things look a little better, don't they?

When I get my invoice, I'm probably going to buy some. You never know.

I don't usually quote myself, but yeah. They just took the 3 of 4 I talked about. Not as funny anymore, is it? I wonder what else I can predict... :eektf::laughlol:

Four tickets to one game in each round in our section costs around $1200. We're planning on renewing our season tickets, so it looks like it makes the most sense for us to put down that 50%, non-refundable deposit. That works for us, especially because we split the tickets with some friends. It doesn't seem like a "scam" to me. One of the benefits of having season tickets is having access to playoff tickets before the general public, and at a pretty good discount, too. All teams do it this way. No one's forcing you to buy them if you don't want to. I think we probably will. It's a lot less hassle than buying them online with everyone else.

I don't usually quote myself, but yeah. They just took the 3 of 4 I talked about. Not as funny anymore, is it? I wonder what else I can predict... :eektf::laughlol:

Four tickets to one game in each round in our section costs around $1200. We're planning on renewing our season tickets, so it looks like it makes the most sense for us to put down that 50%, non-refundable deposit. That works for us, especially because we split the tickets with some friends. It doesn't seem like a "scam" to me. One of the benefits of having season tickets is having access to playoff tickets before the general public, and at a pretty good discount, too. All teams do it this way. No one's forcing you to buy them if you don't want to. I think we probably will. It's a lot less hassle than buying them online with everyone else.

I agree.

So I got my invoice. 845 dollars for 3 games of 2 tickets each. That is basically what my 13 game plan cost. If you want to pay half now you have to roll the 410 dollars into next season tickets if they don't play the games. If you pay 845 dollars now you have to ask for a refund in writing and mail it away by a certain date to get your refund or it goes towards next season tickets. It appears that this is just a scam to get you to buy season tickets for next year and they get to hold on to your money for a little longer.

Yes, its a scam Atomic. That's what this. We have played 5 months of baseball and are 2 games behind for the Wild Card, all as part of an elaborate scam by Peter to scam you out of 850 bucks. :rolleyes:

Do us all a favor and don't buy the playoff tickets.

I am in the office, not home yet. I am a 13-game plan holder, its my first year as one and plan to be one for the years to come. How does this playoff invoice work again? I have 2 tix in Section 85. I assume these $15 ea tix go up to $45+ a game for playoffs... Do I have the option to buy tix to every game? guess not as I am reading the thread...

I am in the office, not home yet. I am a 13-game plan holder, its my first year as one and plan to be one for the years to come. How does this playoff invoice work again? I have 2 tix in Section 85. I assume these $15 ea tix go up to $45+ a game for playoffs... Do I have the option to buy tix to every game? guess not as I am reading the thread...

You will have the option to buy additional post season tickets to the other games. This is like your "post season tickets" plan offer. Just like you have a 13 game plan this is your 3 game post season plan. I am torn between paying up for my 3 game post season plan then dealing with the refund process, should I renew scenario, and just buying the tickets I want once season ticket holder sales open.

You will have the option to buy additional post season tickets to the other games. This is like your "post season tickets" offer. Just like you have a 13 game plan this is your 3 game post season plan. I am torn between paying up for my 3 game post season plan then dealing with the refund process, should I renew scenario, and just buying the tickets I want once season ticket holder sales open.

Cool, thanks! I will probably plunk down the $ to get this postseason plan. Worse case is my 13-gamer is basically paid for IF they don't make the postseason BUT the O's will be there so I am not worried!

You do have the option of a refund should you not want to re-new your plan, it does have to be requested by a certain date though, it's in the package. Also your seats won't be the same, just a heads up, it will say what section and row you got in your package. Mine is one section closer to home plate but 8 rows farther back. Upgrade? Maybe I guess, pretty much a wash to me. Lastly I will have 1 extra ticket for games if anyones interested.

You do have the option of a refund should you not want to re-new your plan, it does have to be requested by a certain date though, it's in the package. Also your seats won't be the same, just a heads up, it will say what section and row you got in your package. Mine is one section closer to home plate but 8 rows farther back. Upgrade? Maybe I guess, pretty much a wash to me. Lastly I will have 1 extra ticket for games if anyones interested.

The $25.00 service fee is not refunded if they make the playoffs or not. The tickets are expensive because the tickets for the World Series are alot more then the opening rounds, Partial plans get tickets for one first round,1 secong round and the World Series. Tickets for the box seats go up from around $65.00 for the first round to around $250.00 for the World Series.

The $25.00 service fee is not refunded if they make the playoffs or not. The tickets are expensive because the tickets for the World Series are alot more then the opening rounds, Partial plans get tickets for one first round,1 secong round and the World Series. Tickets for the box seats go up from around $65.00 for the first round to around $250.00 for the World Series.

You are correct. I have the 13 game plan. My season tix are $20. The postseason tix are $45 for the Division Series, $90 for the ALCS, and $180 for the World Series. Worst case, I'm down $650, but that would mean the Birds are in the World Series. I think I can deal with that!!!!!

Yes, its a scam Atomic. That's what this. We have played 5 months of baseball and are 2 games behind for the Wild Card, all as part of an elaborate scam by Peter to scam you out of 850 bucks. :rolleyes:

Do us all a favor and don't buy the playoff tickets.

My fault is they are selling world series tickets and they haven't even qualified for the playoffs yet. Sell World Series tickets when you are in the american league championship series. I don't want to pay over 200 dollars for a single ticket anyway. I would just skip the World Series if they made it.

My fault is they are selling world series tickets and they haven't even qualified for the playoffs yet. Sell World Series tickets when you are in the american league championship series. I don't want to pay over 200 dollars for a single ticket anyway. I would just skip the World Series if they made it.

Yeah, I dont remember them doing it this way, last season.

Archived