Orioles to send playoff ticket invoices to season ticket holders on Friday.

Greg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate how set this up. Do all teams do the same thing? I'm fine paying for these tickets ahead of time. But I would rather have a refund then to have the money put towards next years tickets. I ponied up for season tickets this year so I should get the chance to buy these playoff tickets without possibly needing to commit to next year. That is some BS. I currently have a 13 game plan for $25 tickets. Well I never sit in my seat anymore. Instead, I like to hang out on the flag court and hope to catch home runs or go near the dugouts and try to get a foul ball. It paid off the last two times I went. Got my first foul ball ever 2 weeks ago and I caught the Ryan Flaherty home run last Saturday.

Since I never sit in my seat, it is a waste of money to pay $25 for a seat each game. I plan on dropping down to the $9 seats next year. But these postseason tickets would be double the cost of my seat next year. So I guess if we do make the playoffs, I'll have to go for tickets when they go on sale to the general public.

That's your choice Pal. You don't need to buy the tickets. They are OFFERING them to us before the general public. No more, no less. I don't get what you're upset about. If its too much money (which it i, by the way) and you don't want to go, then don't pay for the postseason package.

Here are my complaints.

1) The refund policy.

a) I can pay half now but then I can't get a refund if the games are not played

b) I can pay the whole amount for games that are most likely never going to be played and then I have to send written notice in the mail that I want a refund.

2) I have to pay for games way before the games have even close to having a chance of happening.

I think they should just send out invoices for the wild card and first round now. If they actually make it to the playoffs then they can send out invoices for further rounds. Actually they could just take your credit card and get a pre-authorization and then bill you if the games actually happen. You shouldn't need to have to write for a refund for games that never happen. They shouldn't even charge you.

I think there is nothing wrong with their polices, I happily paid for the playoff games, and by chance they don't happen I will still be a fan next year and I will have almost already paid for the tickets. I think you guys are a bunch of whinny *****es.

Don't be shy and bashful, just go ahead and let us know how you feel. :)

This is my goal...I want an Orioles 2013 World Series ticket to put away and stare at when I'm feeling blue! :clap3:

During playoff series or championship series, memorabilia like caps and tee-shirts are printed up featuring each team as the winner to make sure the gear is available immediately to the actual winning team's players in the locker rooms after the final out, buzzer whistle. The gear featuring the losing team is usually packed up and shipped off to some third world nation through a charity called World Foundation.

Here's a young kid wearing the WS Championship sweat shirt of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, that was actually won by the Phillies.

tampa-bay-world-series.jpg

Here's the story on where all that gear winds up and how:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/tampa-bay-world-series.jpg

The only advantage of paying 100% up front now is that you can request a refund in writing. If you know you're going to renew your season tickets for next year, to me your best bet is to pay the 50% deposit on the playoff tickets. If they don't make it, you can just use it as a deposit on next year's season tickets.

I also don't understand the complaining. If you don't want to buy them, then don't. Pretty simple. As a season ticket holder, you will have still have access to a presale of playoff tickets before the general public. Just buy them individually if it gets to that point. I'd rather just take the tickets they're already promising me, though, and forget about fighting with their website when the time comes for the presale. My seats are usually 1st row, upper box, Sec. 330, which is basically right behind home plate. For the playoffs, we're in 344 and in row 11. At least we're on the aisle, though.

Frankly, if they do get to the playoffs, I don't care where we sit. I just want to be there. Paying now guarantees that for me.

The only advantage of paying 100% up front now is that you can request a refund in writing. If you know you're going to renew your season tickets for next year, to me your best bet is to pay the 50% deposit on the playoff tickets. If they don't make it, you can just use it as a deposit on next year's season tickets.

I also don't understand the complaining. If you don't want to buy them, then don't. Pretty simple. As a season ticket holder, you will have still have access to a presale of playoff tickets before the general public. Just buy them individually if it gets to that point. I'd rather just take the tickets they're already promising me, though, and forget about fighting with their website when the time comes for the presale. My seats are usually 1st row, upper box, Sec. 330, which is basically right behind home plate. For the playoffs, we're in 344 and in row 11. At least we're on the aisle, though.

Frankly, if they do get to the playoffs, I don't care where we sit. I just want to be there. Paying now guarantees that for me.

Quick question: I paid in full, postseason invoice, assuming the Os don't qualify can I just roll over that full amount to next seasons tix if I don't request a full refund.

I also got moved from my upper box seats, about eight rows up and 4 sections over. In the big scheme of things though I think the Orioles do a great job of taking care of everyone including 13 game package holders like me. Hell I can't even count how many years I paid the ravens the full amount for playoff tickets that they would only put towards next season's invoice if the games weren't played. The fact that I can call my rep and change my tickets for any non prime game or buy more tickets at the season ticket rate still floors me. I've probably spent 50k between psls and tickets for football and honestly I couldn't even tell you who I would even attempt to call if I had a question about my tickets let alone actually try to make a change with them.

Quick question: I paid in full, postseason invoice, assuming the Os don't qualify can I just roll over that full amount to next seasons tix if I don't request a full refund.

Yep, as I understand it that's exactly what happens.

Archived