Adam Jones on Fans that left game.

Greg

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would probably have been better just to laud the fans that stayed rather than even bother to mention the one who left, but after a big walk off win, emotions are high.

Twitter is a quadruple edged sword. Wait, is that a fork?

Yeah, you're right...but I'm not going to give Adam a hard time about that. He's a competitor, his team has been fighting all year and in a situation like that they hadn't given up. As a fan I'm not 8 years old anymore where I feel like I have to watch every inning of each game. It's just not a life death situation. All in all, no big deal. Good win for everyone!

Its called class and tweets like that make it seem he has none.

The man is human. He is easily one of the most accessible & easy going MLB players to fans. He has tweeted over 20,000 times interacting with his fans as well as detractors. 90% of them are positive thoughts. He obviously has a ton of emotions in playing the game that he loves but he isn't blind to what goes on around him. If you were on the field you would be seeing & hearing the same things. Implying that he has no class is straight up wrong.

I drives me nuts when people want to focus on a single slightly questionable instance and forget how much time he has spent going beyond his job of hitting a baseball by talking with fans and doing charity work.

I have to say, I was there and didn't see hordes of people leaving after that homer. Maybe I was too ticked to have noticed. Regardless, I love that AJ cares. He's authentic and doesn't hide behind a facade. Love him or hate him, he is who he is. At times he frustrates me, but I love the guy.

I drives me nuts when people want to focus on a single slightly questionable instance and forget how much time he has spent going beyond his job of hitting a baseball by talking with fans and doing charity work.

Don't even give it the respect it deserves by calling it "slightly questionable." Everything he said was perfectly fine, typical AJ, wearing the passion on his sleeve. We are very lucky to have a man of his character playing for us and the oversensitive will act shocked and throw skirts over their heads because a guy is pissed that he was given up on. Then again these people will act shocked and throw skirts over their heads for anything that gives them an excuse to *****.

Its called class and tweets like that make it seem he has none.

Please dude. He is basically saying, "yeah, we saw you leave."

They pulled out a great come back from the jaws of crushing defeat. He gets to say a thing. Think of all the classy things he sees on his feed everyday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have no problem with fans booing a poor performer.

I have no problem with the fans who left after the HR.

I have no problem with AJ calling them out on it.

I'm just glad the O's won and could be only 1 GB of a wildcard after today.

This is how I feel pretty much. I'm glad Jones get upset about it, if he didn't, that would show that it doesn't bother him or he doesn't care.

At the same time the O's have gone quietly into the night so many times that I understand fans leaving. They'd just given up the lead in extra innings and this has not been a terrific comeback team in those situations.

I don't think anyone should be concerned with what Jones thinks. He's never learned not to swing at pitches two inches off the ground and six inches off the outside of the plate.

And he spelled 'thanks' and 'your' incorrectly.

If it were that easy to do, you wouldn't be behind you computer monitor *****ing about it. You'd be right on the field! correct?

On your second line..

Research twitter before whining about the grammar that people use on their twitter page.

After going to Camden Yards 20 odd times this year and seeing it half empty most times while the team contends for the playoffs, I'm already sensitive to the fairweather nature of Baltimore Orioles fans, and I don't even play the game.

Jones has way more of a right to be pissed after playing in front of a half empty Camden Yards most of the year. I'd call out the fanbase, too.

Adam Jones ‏@SimplyAJ10 2m

Huge comeback win. And a special thx to everyone that left after Tommy gave up a homerun. We didn't need ur support anyway. #StayHungry

I was at the game to day an I never leave till the bitter end. Hunter's cookie had me dubious, but I never give up hope until the fat lady sits on me, so of course I stayed. And I had no expectation of Wieters doing anything but popping up or something. But I'm glad I stayed and I'm ecstatic that they won. I'm glad AJ feels the same as I do, and I'm sorry that those who left didn't feel the same. It was only one inning and only a one run deficit. Ye of little faith. I'm not optimistic we make the playoffs, but I have faith we will.

Archived