Step right up and get yer' crow!!

mcneck

Opening Day payroll is currently about $9M ahead, not $5M. Bargain/value shopping, but not bargain basement. Each addition is less than $10M in 2014 (Jiminez is $9M with $2.25M deferred). I never would have guess the Orioles would add about $20M to 2014 payroll in February.

Me either. I had hopes though. I just thought it would be someone less exciting than Yoon, Jimenez, and Cruz.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah he is just still in a state of total shock. Never fear though his brain will kick back in eventually and will be back with something new to P,B,M,& G about.

Yes the crow does taste good. You could never have paid me to believe that a 4 year, 50 Million dollar contract would EVER be given to a free agent pitcher while Peter Angelos was the owner.

I never doubted Dan would get a pitcher, or if he would get the payroll back to last year's level. But I NEVER thought it would be 4/50 for the pitcher. Maybe I'll just have a couple crow hot wings. :D

I thought he would go 2 years for Arroyo, and 3 years for Morales, losing one pick but, he was pretty clear about the 100 marbles, so I'm not surprised about reaching that. If he blows through that ceiling with another signing, I'll have some crow breast, boned skinned and broiled please.

Archived