Step right up and get yer' crow!!

mcneck

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have to eat crow because I always KNEW DD would get us a pitcher! Spend that $$$$. KNEW it.

You don't talk all winter about a $100 million budget and then show up on Opening Day with a $85 million payroll. Of course, a $108 million payroll (if they were to sign Morales) would be just as outlandish. If I am wrong and the Orioles sign Morales (or make trades that otherwise bring the Opening Day payroll over $100 million), I will join you all in the crow fest.

You don't talk all winter about a $100 million budget and then show up on Opening Day with a $85 million payroll. Of course, a $108 million payroll (if they were to sign Morales) would be just as outlandish. If I am wrong and the Orioles sign Morales (or make trades that otherwise bring the Opening Day payroll over $100 million), I will join you all in the crow fest.

I don't expect it. Not sure we need it. Pitching was what was needed to be addressed and addressed it has been! I like the offense. Couple mill to spend later if Dan wants to. Go to war.

Also, my obligatory Albert Brooks trivia: his real name is Albert Einstein. He changed it for obvious reasons, and chose Brooks to honor Mel Brooks. His brother, Dave Einstein is also known as Super Dave Osbourne. And if you don't find him funny, you have no soul.

Isn't he integral in the production of the Simpsons as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this works out but not a fan of the move. This guy eats innings but he's been very inconsistent with a lot of walks, even in his good seasons. This money could have been spent better.

Yep, but it also could have not been spent at all.

Even if this blows up in our face at least we can say for once we went for it. Which is a lot better than the alternative of sitting on the sidelines watching a good core rot away because of cheap ownership. :D

I'm still skeptical that they are trying to save face, and made a desperation signing. I guess I'll never know, but glad they got past the 2 year deal.

Just so I'm clear, the curmudgeon Peter Angelos, who many call Uncle Scrooge McDuck, dropped $50 MILLION just to try to save face?

Yeah, I'm not buying that one, but then again, my name is Dipper, and I'm a Raging Angelos Apologist!

I need to eat some.

I give you credit man. You have been one of the most outspoken against the Orioles, but over the past couple days you have accepted your crow like a Man. Well done.

As for me, yeah, I'll eat some too. While I have defended Angelos on many occasions, I thought there was no chance in hell of the Orioles making any kind of move like this, especially this late in the offseason. I have bashed Duke something fierce this Winter, so gobble gobble baby, gimme some Raven to eat!

Archived