Step right up and get yer' crow!!

mcneck

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still skeptical that they are trying to save face, and made a desperation signing. I guess I'll never know, but glad they got past the 2 year deal.
Just so I'm clear, the curmudgeon Peter Angelos, who many call Uncle Scrooge McDuck, dropped $50 MILLION just to try to save face?

Yeah, I'm not buying that one, but then again, my name is Dipper, and I'm a Raging Angelos Apologist!

I'm skeptical that the Orioles had back-to-back winning seasons in 2012 and 2013 just to save face, also. They are trying to trick the Orioles' fan base into thinking that they are a solid, competitive team.

The lengths that some will go to just to screw over us loyal Oriole fans is absolutely appalling. We weren't born yesterday, and we aren't buying any of the crap that they have been throwing at us.

Just so I'm clear, the curmudgeon Peter Angelos, who many call Uncle Scrooge McDuck, dropped $50 MILLION just to try to save face?

Yeah, I'm not buying that one, but then again, my name is Dipper, and I'm a Raging Angelos Apologist!

Sadly in the world where the Orioles will let Wieters and Davis walk after next season this 12 million per contract is relatively minor. A big step for Angelos Yes ... But the proof will happen after next season IMO.

Sadly in the world where the Orioles will let Wieters and Davis walk after next season this 12 million per contract is relatively minor. A big step for Angelos Yes ... But the proof will happen after next season IMO.

Wieters shouldn't even be in the discussion, in my opinion. By the time this contract ends, he'll be around 30 years old and has caught what, 140 games per year. For a big guy with average offensive numbers, he won't be worth nearly what he's asking for.

Davis on the other hand I agree....Peter needs to open up the wallet, sooner rather than later, and make Chris an offer he can't refuse.

I'm not sure why people are "scared" about this signing. This is basically the going rate for a 2.5 - 3.5 starting pitcher on the free agent market. Jimenez has the potential to perform like a number 1, at least for one year of the contract. To me this is the kind of contract that almost all contending teams have to invest. And this not a crippling amount of money unless Angelo's just wants to cry poor. A few mil more than the team wasted on Brob per year. This is not a 100 mil commitment. I think the main issue is that this contract is just such a novelty for us O's fans! :)

Can we get another bottle of ketchup here? I'm totally surprised - thought there was no way they were serious about getting Ubaldo (we're on a 1st name basis.). I hate giving up a 1st, but if you're going to do it, he was the player to do it for. Ya know what - to win big, ya gotta take chances like this - EVEN if - on their own - they don't look smart. It might not pay off, but sitting on our hands and making a zillion small moves was not going to get us anywhere past mediocre. Go O's!

I'm not sure why people are "scared" about this signing. This is basically the going rate for a 2.5 - 3.5 starting pitcher on the free agent market. Jimenez has the potential to perform like a number 1, at least for one year of the contract. To me this is the kind of contract that almost all contending teams have to invest. And this not a crippling amount of money unless Angelo's just wants to cry poor. A few mil more than the team wasted on Brob per year. This is not a 100 mil commitment. I think the main issue is that this contract is just such a novelty for us O's fans! :)

Agreed - they got a good price.

Archived