54 members have voted

1. 1. Project Nelson Cruz's OPS for 2014

• .850 or higher
    • .825-.849
    • .800-.824
    • .775-.799
    • .750-.774
    • Under .750

I think a similar season to last year is a good bet. He's in another contract year, and Camden is as hitter friendly as Arlington. I don't really buy the PED stuff hurting him, so thats a non factor in my projection... I'd go with .830, 32 homers and 95 RBI.

Think: High 700's.

Hope: 850+.

Yea, I hope he's a beast. But I can't help thinking of his .734 career road OPS and the 33 candles on his birthday cake.

I know OPACY isn't an unfriendly place to hit, but his road OBP/SLG is a good match for the career lines of Todd Greene and Steve Balboni.

No PED's (maybe), no Ballpark at Arlington (though OPACY appears to be even more hitter-friendly lately). Where do you think Mr. Cruz lands?

This could be a bit misleading, considering that Cruz did not fail a drug test but was suspended because his name was in the record books of Biogenisis from a few years ago. Assuming that Cruz took drug tests and passed them last year, I'd say whatever Cruz was on or not on last season he is probably doing the same this season. Unless, by chance, he was on some PED that isn't detected by MLB's tests but then his suspension spooked him away from using it anymore. But that particular scenario doesn't seem too likely, so I don't really factor in the PED issue when predicting him for this year.

.808 the last three years, and it's all power driven. I don't have any reason to believe he's magically going to become more selective at the plate, so it's going to be driven by that again. I'm going towards the high mark of the .775-.799 range, .795.

• 9 months later...

Archived