Are the Tampa Bay Rays American League Championship Contenders?

OFFNY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

In his previous outing, Bedard pitched 5 innings of 1-run ball against the Red Sox at Fenway Park.

Yesterday, Bedard pitched 6-plus innings of 1-run ball against the Yankees at Yankee Stadium.

Way to go, Erik.

ERIK BEDARD O (vs. YANKEES, 5/04)

IP:. 6 - PLUS

H:o 6 (2 Doubles, 4 Singles)

R:O 1

BB: 1

SO: 3

Pitches: 85 (58 Strikes, 27 Balls)

2014 ERA: 4.35

o

3 consecutive solid starts for Bedard.

6 shutout innings.

1 hit.

ERIK BEDARD O (vs. INDIANS, 5/10)

IP:. 6

H:o 1 (1 Double)

R:O 0

BB: 3

SO: 4

Pitches: 101 (60 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2014 ERA: 3.38

• 3 weeks later...

Eight straight losses for Tampa, and they're already 12 games back of Toronto and 7.5 of the O's. I said earlier that I don't ever count them out, and I still don't, but geez. I looked at the stats, and they can't hit at all. Dead last in runs, even Longoria isn't hitting, and if he he's not hitting then that offense just isn't the same. The pitching has been decimated with injuries, but all things considered they're not as bad as they could be, but it doesn't mean so much when you can't hit. They're not the Devil Rays, haven't been for years now, but right now their record is Devil Rays-esque. Beat up on them while you can, and hope they don't get hot.

Eight straight losses for Tampa, and they're already 12 games back of Toronto and 7.5 of the O's. I said earlier that I don't ever count them out, and I still don't, but geez. I looked at the stats, and they can't hit at all. Dead last in runs, even Longoria isn't hitting, and if he he's not hitting then that offense just isn't the same. The pitching has been decimated with injuries, but all things considered they're not as bad as they could be, but it doesn't mean so much when you can't hit. They're not the Devil Rays, haven't been for years now, but right now their record is Devil Rays-esque. Beat up on them while you can, and hope they don't get hot.

Talked to the three Rays fans at work and all three have given up on the season. Myers going down was the last straw.

Not sure what Dick thinks, if he is working tomorrow I will find out.

Talked to the three Rays fans at work and all three have given up on the season. Myers going down was the last straw.

Not sure what Dick thinks, if he is working tomorrow I will find out.

Dickie V?

At work yea.

Three Ray

Four Yankee

Two Red Sox

One Oriole

One Pirate

Wait a minute - you "go to work"? You're not sitting on your LA Z BOY right now with a big mocha java provided by a loving partner? Dang! :wedge:

Archived