Daniel Nava - RF

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Will Middlebrooks - 3B

David Ross - C

Joseph William Kelly - RHP (3-3, 4.14 ERA) *

* (2-2, 4.37 ERA) [sT. LOUIS CARDINALS] OOO (1-1, 3.89 ERA) [bOSTON RED SOX]

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

6.33 shutout innings.

Gonzalez has thrown 15.33 consecutive shutout innings, and has also thrown 21.67 out of his last 22.67 shutout innings overall, as well.

(vs. RED SOX, 9/09)

6.33 shutout innings.

Gonzalez has thrown 15.33 consecutive shutout innings, and has also thrown 21.67 out of his last 22.67 shutout innings overall, as well.

o

Coincidentally, Shelby Charles Miller of the Cardinals just threw his 2nd consecutive 7 shutout inning game.

And in the outing before that, Miller threw 7 innings of 2-run ball.

Miller has a streak of 14 consecutive scoreless innings, and 18 out of his last 19 innings have been scoreless overall as well.

Could it be the Orioles and the Cardinals in the World Series, like I predicted back in late March ??? (I had the Orioles winning the A.L. pennant, and either the Cardinals, the Braves, or the Mets winning the N.L. pennant.)

The only thing that I hope that I'm wrong about is that I picked the National League Champions to defeat the Orioles, 4 games to 3.

o

Coincidentally, Shelby Charles Miller of the Cardinals just threw his 2nd consecutive 7 shutout inning game.

And in the outing before that, Miller threw 7 innings of 2-run ball.

Miller has a streak of 14 consecutive scoreless innings, and 18 out of his last 19 innings have been scoreless overall as well.

Could it be the Orioles and the Cardinals in the World Series, like I predicted back in late March ??? (I had the Orioles winning the A.L. pennant, and either the Cardinals, the Braves, or the Mets winning the N.L. pennant.)

The only thing that I hope that I'm wrong about is that I picked the National League Champions to defeat the Orioles, 4 games to 3.

Shame on you OFFNY! Still time to reverse the call ...

Gonzo peaking at the right time, eh? 1.82 ERA in last 10 starts. :angryfire: Not too soon, I hope.

He won this one on moxie. He wasn't especially sharp. So-so fastball. Confident as hell, though, which is important too.

That's 3 starts in a row with 4 days rest. It would be nice to get him an extra day, but it looks like that won't happen until 2 starts out.

Let's keep the hammer down and clinch really early and let everybody recharge. I think a well-rested Gonzo is gonna be nails in the playoffs.

o

NEW YORK YANKEES O (SEPTEMBER 13th)

Jacoby Ellsbury - DH

Derek Jeter - SS

Brett Gardner - CF

Martin Prado - 2B

Brian McCann - C

Mark Teixeira - 1B

Chris Young - LF

Antoan Richardson - RF

Zelous Wheeler - 3B

Shane Greene - RHP (4-3, 3.57 ERA)

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2014/09/13/prado-hitting-cleanup-in-baltimore/

6 innings.

3 runs.

His one bad inning might have been a little better had the infield not been playing in with runners on 2nd and 3rd base so early in the game, and/or if they had played it a little more conservative on the double steal of 2nd base and home plate.

His string of consecutive shutout innings was stopped at 16.67 when the Yankees scored with 1 out in the 2nd inning.

23 out of his last 25 innings overall have been scoreless, with 4 runs total having been scored in the other 2 innings in that span.

Not as sharp as bud and kevin yesterday

No, but on the plus side he had extraordinary movement on the splitter. He wasn't helped any by the steal of home either. Joseph fell asleep there, never even checked the runner at 3B. He was leaning towards home and a quarter of the way down.

Archived