Hardy confused from lack of extension talk

SerenityNow

Wait, we offered $15M per for JJ? Where the heck have I been? Did he turn this down?

Either way, it is a catch 22 - I believe we will miss his stability greatly if we don't resign him (and especially if he ends in in NY). But, if we resign him we will probably regret the final years of the contract.

No details were ever offered, but the general consensus on here was that he would get in the ballpark of the 3/45, and as other said, talks stalled when we couldn't guarantee he'd stay at SS.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rochester
No details were ever offered, but the general consensus on here was that he would get in the ballpark of the 3/45, and as other said, talks stalled when we couldn't guarantee he'd stay at SS.

Thanks! I must have missed that class or didn't take notes.

Hardy wants assurance that he will play SS 100% of his contract. The Orioles are not giving him that.

So extension talks stalled out.

I believe, if I remember correctly, that he never said that. He said he wanted to know where he was going to be playing. SS or 3B. I think hardy will get resigned and transistion to 3B in a year or two.

I love Davis, I love Markakis. There're our guys, but Hardy is a key piece to this team and he cannot get an extension.

His defense is showing no signs of slowing down. We need him in the future because with the sub par staff we need all the help we can get in run prevention. And some of our players like Britton are heavily reliant on him too.

I like JJ too but he is not getting hung out to dry. You have no idea what might

have been discussed between his agent and DD. Maybe they are working on an

extension. Maybe not. IMO

Hardy wants assurance that he will play SS 100% of his contract. The Orioles are not giving him that.

So extension talks stalled out.

He never said that.
But Hardy stopped short of saying he would want an assurance from the club that he will stay at short.

"For me, for one, I haven't heard one thing about it," Hardy said. "I think it is starting more of a firestorm in bringing up stuff that is just ... I don't know, stuff I don't want to deal with. When it comes up, if it comes up and Buck (Showalter) tells me, it will be something to address. Until then I don't really know what to say about it."

source - Steve Melewski
Dipper, there was little doubt in my mind that if you say something it happened... sometimes I have memory lapses :)

Polite of you.

Silly though given his track record :D

But polite.

Just judging from his SS play, like when he's goes in the hole, he's got a gun when he needs it! I think he'd be fine at 3B.

I've always thought he had a really solid arm strength, with great accuracy. Which I could see still playing at third, but I'd be a little concerned.

I guess my next question would be does Hardy have the bat to play third?

Archived