Hardy confused from lack of extension talk

SerenityNow

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He would be tough to replace. I don't think the bolded is a slam dunk.
Well I looked around the league and the teams that might have an interest in Hardy seem to be the MFY, BOS, Mets, SF, SEA, and maybe OAK. With a QO pick to lose I don't think too many of them will go much beyond that. I think Hardy will be worth at least 9 W over the next 4 years so I would offer 3/36M with a club option for the 4th year and a 3M buyout. Maybe add in some incentives for GG, SS, AS, etc.

Well I looked around the league and the teams that might have an interest in Hardy seem to be the MFY, BOS, Mets, SF, SEA, and maybe OAK. With a QO pick to lose I don't think too many of them will go much beyond that. I think Hardy will be worth at least 9 W over the next 4 years so I would offer 3/36M with a club option for the 4th year and a 3M buyout. Maybe add in some incentives for GG, SS, AS, etc.

4th year vests with 800+ plate appearances in 2nd and 3rd years of deal.

JJ has been pretty healthy lately, but he had some issues earlier in his career.

4th year vests with 800+ plate appearances in 2nd and 3rd years of deal.

JJ has been pretty healthy lately, but he had some issues earlier in his career.

I'd just make it a club option which would guarantee him a few M more and leave things up to the club.

I think the odds on re-signing JJ went through the roof after Manny's injury and now his resurgent performance offensively has earned him more than few millions. Hope he keeps getting hotter and hotter and becomes the 2014 World Series MVP.

He played like an MVP caliber player in August. Offensively and defensively - I've never seen him better. He made 3 or 4 outstanding defensive plays yesterday - and made them look easy.

He's worth more than that. Think more like 3/40 or 4/50.

I get concerned at those numbers there. I figure he is worth the qualifying offer next year. Ten the year after, and maybe Eight after that. So to me an overpay would be 3/35 right?

Archived